Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
526 Replies
ChrisCody
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I had the s24 ultra for 24 hours. The camera is so awful. The AI camera enhancements on 50mp and 200mp mode ruin shots. You cant even shoot in RAW without the AI brightening and recoloring images. Half of them are out of focus. So disappointing. There's no way to disable either unless you're only shooting in 12mp mode. It's particularly bad on low light or bright light shots. 

AI magic reprocessing should not be mandiditory and should never apply to RAW files. Why they did this I'll never know. 

userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This!!!!! I'm so bummed. I might return it. They shouldn't be messing with the raw files, and it seems like there is no way to stop the phone from messing with the files. I turned off the optimization, and it still seems to do it. The low light thing is also very disappointing. We did comparisons with the S21 Ultra - some things nit much different and some things better there - and an iPhone pro max 15. The iPhone was better also with nit having things blur if there's a smidge of movement.
userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
And saying this as someone who has had Samsung for YEARS.
userIy1005Mh3H
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Try to off the optimisation option but beware image might be easily shaken with blur. S24U camera awful screen vivid mode not functioning many has notice the problem.

0 Likes
userkhbfi34wo38
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This forum is not a place for a frivolous rant about beautiful Samsung products. Please refrain from negativity, and only give positive feedback, otherwise you will be tagged an Apple fanboy, which is not a good thing.

0 Likes
Dtechlover
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This is not negativity its just that we customers paid a huge sum of money for this phone and its not delivering what it intended to so we are complaining to samsung to fix it i don't  know if its some specific unit issues or in general samsung needs to say

0 Likes
Members_Ht21pD8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I bought two of these. My s23ultra looks better. I dont understand. Taking video in low light on the s24 ultra looks like a 15 year old andriod phone. Im trying everything to fix it. Turn hdr10 off  ect. nothing. The ai adjustments to photos looks completely unreal "not good". Also there is massive delay when taking a simple picture is medium low light.. Samsung can you guys software update this stuff to improve it atleast. The camera is close to unusable in midium low light. whew

userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yup! Med to low light has been not great, and sometimes, even with the optimization turned off, the photos are reworked to a point where they look unrealistic, even cartoonistic.
Pawlik
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

The same problem with Videos here. It looks like the camera has been downgraded back to S10 or before. This is just one of bunch of issues with this new phone. I am seriously thinking about returning it if the software update doesn't arrive within next 2 days and fixes the issue.

usernrBWwgTndD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

So I also noticed that saturation (or Warmth) in all photos is dialed down a lot to unrealistic level. If S23 was probably too much, S24 is just not enough. The issue is fixed by applying a warm filter to around 5 but then document scanner doesn't work with filter set to ON (which I use almost daily). I checked pictures on my PC monitor and the difference between S24+ and my S23U is like night and day