Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
528 Replies
SergioRC20
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello,

I also had both phones and I think the S24 Ultra has the upper hand on the Camera.

Some things you may want to play with:

1. Change the MegaPixels (MP) your camera uses to take photos. By default, S24 uses 12 MP which is good but doesn't capture enough detail. I would use 50 MP as standard for daily photos and 200 MP for Zoom-in pictures.

2. Are you using Camera Assistant? If not, download it from the Samsung App Store.

Let me know if you have better results or if you have questions.
saadsabri
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have tried everything from software side. 

Installed the update
Installed Camera Assistant
Installed Expert RAW
Tweaked Advanced Intelligence to minimum.
Reset Camera Settings
Reset Phone to Factory Default.
Changed Megapixels

S23 Ultra seems to be capturing way better images in all modes and conditions.

0 Likes
amitsharma37
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I agree since I also have the s23 ultra 

0 Likes
userAxqeDR6Zge
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Me too āœ‹ļø it sux
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

is there a way to change the default camera used so that it defaults to 50MP?

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
useraiz0d64ffw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I agree with everyone experience here

I was shocked when I started to compare the images to even my note 9 which takes superb pictures. S24 ultra photos are so grainy, even so shocking. If samsung doesn't resolve this they have to have this phone back and refund my money.

I didn't pay over 1200 for this quality garbage photo. I can't share the family photo but outside on day light the group pictures I took and later check them at home shocked me

Never ever had such a issue with my note 9

One of the main reason for upgrade was a camera. This needs fixing fast. 

0 Likes
Mama Jo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Which Camera assistant is that. There are heaps in the play store

0 Likes
SergioRC20
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
You can download GoodLock on the Samsung App Store and on GoodLock download Camera Assistant.
0 Likes
Ric221
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
My eyes are old, but I can't really see anything horrendous about these photos.
0 Likes
saadsabri
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

They are comparison photos. S23 Ultra's is higher details and better colors compared to S24 Ultra.

0 Likes