Original topic:

S24 Ultra Live Translate Features Don't Work Despite Settings Enabled

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 03:51 PM)
TheMan25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Live Translate dosemt work despite being fully set up S24 ULTRA. 
Options
Galaxy S24
Here's a video explaining how it's supposed to work. I don't know if this will help you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pjO51vbbCRY
0 Likes
danieljk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
No I do exactly what it said. When I call click call assistant only text call show up
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm sorry that I couldn't help you. It's annoying how many problems are in this new operating system. Samsung should have known that features this complex might have bugs and not work properly for some users.

I searched the internet, but this feature is so new that all I found were more instructions telling how to set it up and use it.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Do you have on device processing? If in try turn it off
0 Likes
Celli71
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I have really been enjoying the translate chat through text feature on the s24 ultra. However, when I receive a message in Spanish I cannot get it to automatically translate for me. I've been having to copy the Spanish text and then put it in a translator to see what the sender has sent me. Any work arounds?
Options
Galaxy S24
You shouldn't need a workaround. According to Samsung's website and all the videos I've seen, you should be be seeing the translation for both outgoing and incoming messages.

The YouTube review by Mrwhosetheboss mentioned that each individual chat could have its own translation settings. Have you checked the settings for individual chat conversations?

I don't have one of these phones, so I can't check out what the settings are myself. If you can't find a way to fix it, you may have to contact Samsung support. You should definitely be seeing those translations.
0 Likes
ItGuy7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having the same issue Celli71..  And from what I can see, there's no settings to change. I have to copy the spanish message and put it into the translate box too. All they've done is add 1-way translation (from what I can tell!)

I'm interested to hear other people's thoughts!

0 Likes
demigodmerx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I have found the same issue. I have tried every setting and still can't get it to translate the message thread.
0 Likes
Ronin178
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi I also having problems with german language pack it won't work on any new features at all no matter how many times I remove and download it back keep showing " something went wrong please try again later"

0 Likes
ihateupdatespff
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I use my phone in English. And it's not my native language. So when i try to use all these fancy AI features i am not able to choose what is my native language. So i don't get any message translations to my language.

Not smart AI noneffective managers decided for me that i must use my native language on my phone to get translation to my native language. And they didn't think that in my native language is impossible to normal use the phone and i prefer english. Also many people who learn languages change the language of the phone. But it doesn't mean we can understand chats or conversations. And we need translation.

So this AI doesn't work at all and i should use Google Translate.

0 Likes