JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra Not Charging

(Topic created: 01-26-2024 07:19 PM)
RoryBreaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Just got my device yesterday. While transferring data from my S23 Ultrai via cable I was trying to charge the S24 wirelessly and it would not charge. 

I made sure all charging settings were on and I tried multiple other devices which would charge properly. I also changed the cable and got the same result. Not till the phone ran out of battery during the transfer and restarted did the wireless charging work. 

Day 2 and having a similar problem but charging via cable. Only upon restarting again did the device start charging. 

I expect a LOT more when I spend $1500 on a device. 
67 Replies
user7Cy7DYBGAr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I experienced the same issue and did a lot of troubleshooting.  Restarting fixed the issue.  Thanks for this post.

hacker44
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Currently my s22 ultra load faster than my current S24 ultra. I use 45w charger. 
My old S22 ultra had the option of super fast charging. 

S24 Ultra with no super fast charging option. 

0 Likes
useraqpR3eFc6r
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Is is just me or does anyone else notice their s24 ultra charging slowly?
HawksTalk
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you using adaptive or maximum charging? If so, it may be the reason charging seems slow. You can check it Settings > Battery > Battery Protection > Basic, Adaptive, or Maximum.

You can opt in to fast charging at Settings > Battery > Charging Settings > Fast charging or fast wireless charging. Also, if you're not using a wall adapter of 45W or greater, the charging will be slower.
useraqpR3eFc6r
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm using basic charging.
0 Likes
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
That's why then, if you want it fast you have to enable it
0 Likes
useraqpR3eFc6r
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I meant I have basic protection on with fast charging enabled
hacker44
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. My old S22 ultra load faster than my S24 ultra. Currently using 45W charger
0 Likes
cellieham
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I just received the phone today period and it's having issues charging. Ive tried multiple chargers. Has anyone else had this issue?
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
In this app there is Diagnostic Tests you can preform, go straight to charging test.
You find it under support, bottom right on the home page of the Members App.