JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra Not Charging

(Topic created: 02-07-2024 12:45 PM)
RoryBreaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Just got my device yesterday. While transferring data from my S23 Ultrai via cable I was trying to charge the S24 wirelessly and it would not charge. 

I made sure all charging settings were on and I tried multiple other devices which would charge properly. I also changed the cable and got the same result. Not till the phone ran out of battery during the transfer and restarted did the wireless charging work. 

Day 2 and having a similar problem but charging via cable. Only upon restarting again did the device start charging. 

I expect a LOT more when I spend $1500 on a device. 
67 Replies
Austin667
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Is anyone having this problem wear screen hangs up while scrolling randomly then goes black shuts off and won't take charge or display charging when attempting to plug in? Found youtube video on s23 having same problem and explained how to reset phone but it continues to do it and sumsung says this is comman and their releasing an update to fix this issue, is this true?
0 Likes
Naters69
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine won't fast charge 2.0, yes I have the settings correct.
0 Likes
Austin667
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung says their aware of issue and it's a software problem and to wait for upcoming update.
0 Likes
Marcopolo731
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Bring the phone back where you got it or if you have warranty, send it to get repair.
0 Likes
Austin667
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I purchased through samsung they say I can return but I'm on exchange program I need my old phone before doing anything cause I need to switch stuff over as well as have a phone for work, so it's a tuff spot I'm in, their noting my complaints and say after this update whenever released doesn't work then they will exchange device
0 Likes
Stevekim24
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
For now, you can try clearing your system cache, which can help clean up any old temp files that could be contributing to your battery issues.

To wipe the system cache,
Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.

When the Android logo displays, release both keys.

An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.

Press Side key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.

When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Side key to restart the device.

Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data. Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key. When the Android logo displays, release both keys. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the Wipe cache partition. Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Power key to select. When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Pashark
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue, mostly during the charging. I disabled also fast charge but nothing changed.

0 Likes
Cayote
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My S24 Ultra will stop the charge if the cord being used is not a Samsung cord. My charger works on all my other devices. This issue is being caused through software
0 Likes