Original topic:

S24 Ultra Portrait Video Blur Effect with main camera broke after 6.1.1 Update

(Topic created: yesterday)
user9JkksG9qGl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
First, I'd like to clarify that when I mention portrait mode, it's not vertical mode. I'm talking about the function In the camera where the camera blurs the background and keeps focus in the subject. 

After I updated my phone to the latest version a couple of weeks ago I immediately started having problems with recording myself using the main camera in the portrait mode function. It basically wouldn't focus the subject. It would blur half my face while recording with the 1x camera. Focus used to be very sharp and steady, but now it is a hot mess with lots of focus breathe. 

This only happens with the blur function of the portrait mode, and only with the main camera. If I try to use any other effect in the portrait mode, it works fine and focus is good, but the blur function is not reliable anymore. 

If I record a selfie in portrait mode, (blurred background) with the selfie cam, it works fine too. 

Let me know if this is happening to anyone else. 

I hope samsung fixes this. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Eckaholic
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

It is happening to me now! Front cam is perfectly working, but the main cam is bit blurry huhu

Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
It's a known issue, and Samsung is working on an update. However, the release date is not known. It affected S23 as well.