JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra Slow charging

(Topic created: 02-07-2024 08:55 PM)
seti007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

So I got my S24 ultra in the mail today. Finished transferring All my files from the S23 ultra to the new phone. Everything went well however, I'm having difficulty fast charging. I use the same charger and same cable on my S23 ultra and t It displays the charging superfast On the screen and usually charges Quickly. S24 Ultra connected to the same cable and charger also displays the superfast charging but is around five times slower than the S23 ultra. Is super fast charging broken on these phones? If so it's pretty unacceptable. Anyone else having issues? I'm reading similar issues from a lot of people on Reddit. Hoping that there is a fix.

hightower00
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Also experiencing this issue with new S24 Ultra... using the same 100w charger with PPS which delivered super fast charging on my previous S22+.

It shows as super fast charging on the screen, but the time estimates are all wrong... 42 mins to full - then 42 mins later it's only gone up 10 or 20%. Obviously an issue with the phone.

Hopefully a firmware fix solves it or it'll be getting returned!

terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
same here, its very frustrating
seti007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah I'm going to return mine if the charging issue is not fixed with the next update. Samsung already has the slowest charging of any major flagships out there. It's amazing that they somehow managed to screw it up even further.
Shaydogs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have S24+ but was having same issue. Was at 43% charge and said 1 Hour 45 mins till 100% with 45 watt charger. I looked at the charging settings and for some reason fast charge was switched off. I switched it on and then is said only 44mins 100%

0 Likes
Members_8Qeea5v
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here. S24U. does not meter which charger is connected -Fast wireless or Super fast wired - it charges much slower then my S23U.  

Slo Charge Bloated
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem...I went from S23 to S24 .....all the same Anker charger and cable....the S24 is MUCH slower than the S23 I just dropped off to FED ex....The phones arent much different and I liked that the S23 was slightly smaller...now im worried! My S23 charged lightning fast

userUp8XNxp3qd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Having same issue did we get a fix yet
uservfFuznY8kp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Mine doesn't even say fast charging at all, it just says charging... YES, I've disabled & re-enabled fast charging etc. From 45% charge it is telling me 2h 15m until charged!!

Options
Galaxy S24

I noticed similar lack of charging when I setup my 24+ the other day using the compact 45W charger that has worked perfectly with S23+.

Tried a different cable and then eventually an even shorter one attached to my GaN 100W USB-C dual port charger and that got the phone fast charging.

After more than 10 hours SOT with 26% remaining, I'm charging the phone for the 2nd time.

Today, my 45 W compact charger (with 6.6 ft Baseus PD 100W USB C to USB C, 5A Fast Charging Cable with LED Display) connected and showing 24w power draw, it is fast charging (1h 3m to go) LOL

Drabdullah
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I bought my s24ultra last friday,no charging issue in the 1st week but since yesterday it got very slow to charge with the same cable..i hope samsung wont disappoint us and hopefully will fix this issue..