Original topic:

S24 Ultra Wifi/data signal issue

(Topic created: 04-09-2024 08:20 AM)
Scarlet1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've never had as many issues as I've had with the S24 ultra. The phone connects to the internet and then says there's no internet connection. K thought maybe my wifi was the problem (even though every device in the house works) and so I tried other wifi networks and the same thing happened. I restarted it. I turned off the wifi and tried data, and even lowered my data from 5g to 4g which barely did anything. At this point I think I need to send it back. I can pay 1375 for a phone with a crappy camera and internet connection issues! Is anyone else having this issues, I need to know if I should trade it in for another S24 ultra or just switch from Samsung.
7 Replies
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
The Samsung S23 Ultra is the best Samsung phone I have owned to date, and I have been a loyal customer since their release. My S8+ still functions well and serves as a reliable backup device.

When the S24 Ultra was released, I purchased it but quickly realized that its performance was comparable to my S23 Ultra. Considering the upcoming 6.1 update and the AI features, I decided that upgrading or trading in my S23 Ultra, which would have required an additional $470, was not a worthwhile investment. In retrospect, So i sent it back. I believe I made the best decision.
If you enjoy the device, I suggest you send back and purchase the S23 Ultra. Good luck. šŸ˜Š
Scarlet1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for sharing Faith! Before getting the s24U I questioned whether I should've gotten the s23u instead. I like the curve displayed and vibrant screen
Dez411
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I swear the square shape of the S24U is so ugly, I don't know why they went with it. I didn't get it because of that and the weight, plus the flat sides and sharp corners didn't look comfortable to hold laying down and many say it's not comfortable to hold period. I hope they go back to the look of the S20U. That's the last samsung I had so not sure if newer ones have those rounded sides and corners. It looks very high end and is comfortable to hold, except for the weight.
Scarlet1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
The sharp corner (especially with a case) are not comfortable for my hands at all. It feels like a brick, and I ofter have to use 2 hands and it'd hard to hold and place in my pockets.
userMruPw0EDSH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I had, and loved, basically every generation of galaxy since the s6 series.

Culminating in a s23 ultra, which fell 10 ft and landed screen down on a pointed rock. Went right through the protector and the screen.

Flash forward 8 days, assurion send me an s24 ultra because my phone is no longer available.

It blew out my wireless charger, the battery life is terrible, the camera is no better than my 23u, aside from the enhanced editing tools, and even then, some of the tools I wish it still had.

And there is some sort of oily substance creating a discoloration that appears to be between the layers of the screen.

And now I can't send text/calls while charging my phone. Just comes back with network error
userutOzAYUain
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I recently bought the S24 ultra. I've had it for 10 days and nothing but issues. Every time I came in the home no network šŸ˜«. I couldn't connect to internet or cellular network. Took the phone back got a new one. The same thing they switched out sim card. Next the I couldn't call out. I received several calls but when I would go to answer screen grayed out I was unable to answer. Said no network. I finally took phone back and service rep said I may need to change cell phone providers. Currently on tmobile now looking to switch to Verizon or AT&T. Very strange!!
Scarlet1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
That's interesting. Let me know if you notice a difference when you switch, please.
0 Likes