Original topic:

S24 Ultra cannot use it's main camera to record RAW videos in apps like Motioncam

(Topic created: 02-01-2024 03:50 PM)
israelhern
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Can yall fix the motioncam app? It's enough that yall used it to make the "shot on samsung" ads without crediting them, but at least fix it for everyone else rather than just fixing it for you guys to make that ad. Add 60 fps, at least, to every lens, fix the main camera bug on the s24u and other bugs. For you that may not know, motioncam is an app that allows you to capture photos and videos in raw format amd it's the app samsung used to shoot some, if not all of their, "shot on samsung" ads.

14 Replies
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

If there was literally nothing they could do about it, then how was Samsung able to get around whatever limitation the third party app is having?

From my understanding, based on a few different issues here, Samsung may have dis-continued 32 bit app support.  While this is a limitation imposed by the S24, it does not tie the developers hands.  They should get with this century and develop their app to support 64 bit devices, as most will be going this route in the near future, so if they cannot adapt to this advancement, then their app will fade into obscurity.  I would wager that they are working on it, but are not ready to reveal that, just yet, and it is easier for them to blame Samsung.

From Samsung's perspective, I almost guarantee they will tell you it is the third party apps issue, not theirs.  So the game of Pong continues, and you refuse to believe that there are 2 sides.

Once more, I will state that all of the 3rd party camera app developers are saying it is Samsungs fault, as once again, they made a new device, which is not yet supported by the third party app developers... YET.

Again, Not Samsung's responsibility to develop these apps.  While they may have issues of their own, this is common for new devices from any company, and will likely be ironed out.

0 Likes
userfIvCE4RhAE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I'll believe the camera devs over your interpretation of the problem. Yes, the S24 is a new device, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a device that is built from the ground up with all new parts. It's still borrowing heavily from the S23U. For Motioncam for example, the app opens and functions correctly, the only issue is that the main 200mp camera doesn't work. It spits out corrupted data when trying to record a video or take a photo. All the other lenses work without issue as does the app itself. This isn't a 32 bit incompatibility problem. You seem to presume too much based on little info. 

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

"You seem to presume too much based on little info."

And you are not?

You know the manufacturing process?

As I stated, I don't even know if the 32 bit option is the issue, just trying to show reasons for the issue, which you never explained until this post.  Trying to record a video with a 200 MP camera? Presumadely at it's native resolution?  8k (twice 4k in dimensions, and 4x as many pixels) is 33 Mega Pixels.  There is probably not enough memory on the device to even buffer that.  Also a 200 MP camera is quite a bit different from a 108 MP one, so there goes your argument of not having any/minor hardware changes.

Finally, the Camera devs at SAMSUNG got past these limitations.  Why can't your cherished app?

I am not saying that the camera is flawless or without issue, just trying to show how a third party app may need an update to work with a brand new device.  Not trying to start an argument, but will defend my point, until it has been debunked.

0 Likes
userTLqqibPTOZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
If the S24 Ultra didn't ruin every photo by trying to optimize it we wouldn't need 3rd party camera apps
Newlearner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Did they fix it yet.

0 Likes