Original topic:

S24 Ultra not compatible with carrier network

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 06:40 AM)
userjF0D91YDFJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Is anyone else being told their S24 ultra is not compatible with their carrier network? We received our new phones yesterday and tried to activate them with our current carrier (Xfinity) and they are telling us our unlocked phones are showing up as not compatible.

119 Replies
Members_8iKylW9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Can someone truly say Sim1 is an esim? If that is the case, why is there a physical sim slot?

Sim2 is likely the esim.

It's just the providers not recognizing the digits.

0 Likes
DennBenn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Tracfone's activation system for newly-released phones is fubar'd. Their customer service reps are clueless but they aren't to blame for an incorrectly-configured activation system. I must've spoke to at least 20 different reps over the past week and not one of them was able to figure out a solution. Until Tracfone network engineers fix the system to activate phones with both pSIM and eSIM, the only thing that works is turning off each of your phones, and transferring the sim card from the old to the new phone. This was the only way I was able to activate my S24U, but who knows how long it will last. If they deactivate my S24U, then I'll just switch to a carrier that properly supports my phone.

0 Likes
userjF0D91YDFJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Xfinity thinks mine is an apple device when they run the imei
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Can you please update to the most recent build (WM9) on your S24 and try again? Cricket (AIO) and Spectrum (CHA) have been added to the eSIM list, bringing the total count to 9. As always, any MVNOs related to these two new carriers will also work.
(All seven carriers from the S23 have been brought back after being absent in the prerelease firmware for the S24, including Xfinity Mobile (CCT).)Screenshot_20240217_200818_CheckFirm_1000021818_1708229298.png1708226284714_1708226284705_0_1000021815_1708226615.jpg
0 Likes
userjF0D91YDFJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I have no idea what "update to the most recent build" means. My phone says the software is up to date.
0 Likes
usercf21pyJnr7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have had to send back not one, but two brand new 24 Ultra 512gb phones. The first one had a problem with the battery. Without any significant use and with troubleshooting, it would drain within several hours. The second one would not recognize my physical sim, nor esim by carrier. We did everything imaginable. So, after two problem phones, I am done. I buy a new galaxy every time they come out with a new model. This is the 23. Ultra was not great, and this was one was horrible. Might be time to switch to a new brand.
0 Likes
Nawidahmadnoori
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue. I can't activate my Tracfone SIM card with my S24 Plus. Tracfone says it's not compatible. Very disappointed.šŸ˜“

0 Likes
Members_BT48iBz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Just got on the TracFone website and entered my IMEI number and it says that it is compatible now for my S24. I contacted them to be sure and they confirmed that the S24 is now compatible

0 Likes
savagefamily
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Spectrum yet to support s24 ultra on their network for BYOD.

0 Likes
Members_ggIK0Qw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Similar but slightly different issue with local cable company (Optimum) cell service that runs on T-Mobile towers.  Have an inexpensive Samsung that I bought from them & used with a new number and absolutely EXCELLENT results for 1 year, then ported my regular phone number over & had my unlocked Note 20.  Most miserable and frustrating experience ever.  The phone worked, but will not remain connected to the tower when moving from one to the other tower.  Must repeatedly reboot or put in & out of airplane mode constantly - all the while the little inexpensive phone that was "born" on their system works fabulously & has better reception than anything I've ever had.  went thru hours & days and more hours & days of tech assistance from both the carrier & Samsung, nothing worked - changing from an esim back to a physical sim made no difference.  Bought brand new unlocked Galaxy S24 Ultra - connection is marginally better, but as soon as I am driving & try to handshake between towers, the brand new S24 Ultra loses service and will not get it back until I pull over & do the airplane mode thing.  Optimum (cable mobile provider) says my sim is compatible but nothing will make this phone stay connected between towers -... all the while the little phone that I bought directly from them works like a champ.  So, very expensive lesson - spend more money to get what is supposed to be a better phone, unlocked directly from the company (like Samsung specifically told me to do during a tech support call)  and it apparently is just a very expensive brick. 

I am going to try porting my number again directly over to TMobile to see if it is any better.

0 Likes