Original topic:

S24 dropping wifi signal still not fixed?

(Topic created: 03-02-2024 11:06 AM)
userFd9aHbfZPl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've had the S24 since launch and have been having an issue where it can't keep a stable wifi connection. I've seen others on here post about this issue and I've spoken to Samsung support who has acknowledged that this is a problem they're looking into. I was told a few weeks ago that a patch was being worked on. Anyways, we got a patch the other day and I was hopeful that this fixed the issue but nope. Is anyone else still experiencing this issue that I'm describing? And Samsung can you please provide and update as to what's going on.
9 Replies
Konrad999
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you using an Asus router at home?
userFd9aHbfZPl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
No, have a fios router. I contacted Samsung about the issue before the update came out and they said they were working on a patch to fix this... was hoping that would've been this patch
0 Likes
JulienMontreal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes, same issue, I do have an Asus routeur

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I have no problems on either of my Net Gear Night Hawk routers at home.
0 Likes
coreyslude
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm using a eero routers and I'm having the same problem with YouTube. I turn off WiFi and internet connected pops up on the bottom of the screen and the video will resume playing. But with WiFi on videos constantly quit working but this has been random for me. Some days it's fine others it is not
0 Likes
SWMonkey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a ASUS ZenWifi Mesh network with 4 nodes and have the same problem only with my Samsun S23 and S24 devices.  I also have issues connecting to some public networks.  This is a serious on going problem that needs to be fixed

Crick
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Same. Wifi 6 connection issues at work and at home. S24 Ultra similar issues with the S23. Asus Zenwifi mesh at home
0 Likes
Members_2bq89Jg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Still a problem for me too.

Ajlb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I bought two S24 this week one for me and one for my wife.

Our house has two routers, one a high speed fibre ttp router which operates in one corner of the property. This works fine. Our other WiFi feeds off the fibre but is routed around the (large) property with boosters. When I try to connect near to a booster it literally kills the booster and the signal is killed FOR ALL USERS connected to that booster and the flashing green light turns off!!!! It's like a death ray zapping our WiFi room by room.

If anyone with any technical nous can suggest what's going on maybe Samsung might be able to fix it 

Thanks Adrian Buckley 

0 Likes