Original topic:

SAMSUNG HAS STOLEN MY PHONE

(Topic created: yesterday)
Matt7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

They also wish to censor me.

Never send your phone in for repair. I have been without one for two weeks. I am not getting answers to my original post, which will be shared below this statement. A moderator reached out and told me they had deleted my post. They then went on to say they would look into my issue if I explained my issue. That was on Wednesday, and after multiple attempts to hear back, it has been crickets. 

This whole experience is enough for me to never trust this company again. 

According to your customer care team, Samsung has kept and formatted my phone, thus deleting all my memories of my late grandfather and grandmother.

I sent my phone to Samsung's service department to resolve a persistent charging issue, which has been a problem since the last update. However, I was shocked to receive an email stating that the phone was unrepairable. When I called Samsung support for clarification, I was informed that my phone would not be returned, leaving me in a state of disbelief. 

So, I asked what about all the photos and videos. That's when they told me, "I'm sorry." The representative then explained we could offer you a credit to purchase a new one. The thing is that the amount is less than the current price. (I pre-ordered) So, I would have to pay more for a defective product I purchased through Samsung. The other option is currently waiting for one to become available. I am told that the time frame is unknown.  However, when one does become available, it will take 10-15 business days to be mailed out. This ordeal has left me speechless about the customer care I have received from a company where I have been a lifelong customer. My purchases include multiple phones, TVs, watches, and soundbars over several generations. 

Your exchange department told me they could send me a refurbished phone. I was against that because I didn't pre-order a refurbished phone, but I purchased a new one. My request to have a new one sent to me shouldn't be surprising. You have new phones available, but your exchange department told me that they don't have inventory. Why can't one department work to help another department? 

It's sad, but I might switch to an iPhone after this experience. Samsung seems to not care about its customers after selling a defective product. 

8 Replies
MsVirgo87
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Wow that's crazy and they tried to do the samething to me and my boyfriend when we told them about our phones but we didn't send them our phones because of this reason right here and we let samsung know that they are thieves and don't believe in giving anyone their devices back or sending out new ones so instead we just kept our phones and hung up on them, I don't deal with samsung I deal with my phone company but because our phones are from another company sadly they couldn't help us
Matt7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Yeah, I am at a loss by the lack of customer care. They won't give me a date because they "don't want to lie." 

I'm glad their morals are so high regarding lying but not theft. 

MsVirgo87
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Right and they so backwards and full of **bleep** and if your pictures are backed up then u should most definitely be able to get them back, It's just sad and messed up that they did that to you
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

I hate to say this but here goes.  This is between You and Samsung.  We do not have any say in the matter, and you are clearly just trying to garner support for your issue.  There is nothing we can do or say to resolve your issue.  We do not even know who is at fault here as there is no proof of who is at fault, it could be Samsung, Fed-EX, or yourself, so this is why Samsung removed your post.  This is an internal matter, not one to be aired out in front of all of their customers.

0 Likes
Matt7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

It's a good warning to others. I would hate someone to go through what I am going through. I hope someone doesn't make the same grave mistake.

I wouldn't have posted this last thread if the moderator had gotten back to me. 

Srb79
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Why would you send phone with all of your data to Samsung?
This is not Samsung fault it is yours. I sent phone to Samsung multiple times but I always backed up all my data and then factory reseted phone.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I told you in your original post to check Google photos, as your photos are backed up to Google by default unless you specifically turned it off. And, anyone who sends their phone off for repair without first making a backup is foolish, because they almost always reformat your phone. In any case, you should still have an online backup in the Samsung cloud from before they erased it, so when you get a new device, you can restore the backup and everything should come back. It is highly doubtful they erased your cloud backup. As for the return of your phone, you really do have to duke it out with Samsung. My bet is they either no longer have it and sent it to be picked apart and refurbished, or destroyed it - which is absolutely wrong. In any case I've never ever heard of people sending their phones off for repair, if the phone was deemed unrepairable they either sent back the original device or, if under warranty, a replacement device (which may or may not have been the same model, and likely refurbished).
0 Likes
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Welcome to a user forum. "We"won't be able to resolve this because we don't work for Samsung.

Neither we nor Samsung would be responsible for you not backing up your data. Sorry but that's reality.