Original topic:

Samsung Health Battery Drain on S24 Ultra

(Topic created: yesterday)
KelseyGamer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Yesterday evening my phone was feeling hotter than normal but didn't think to check anything out. Went to sleep around 2:30am with my battery at 48% and woke up around 9am to it completely dead. Checking through the apps, it shows Samsung Health using a TON of battery. I fully charged it around 1pm this afternoon and as of now, just shy of 6pm, it was already down to 37%. 

The only changes to Samsung Health in the past week have actually been reductions. 1) I disabled and stopped using the Galaxy Ring. 2) disabled the connection to my Dexcom G6 glucose monitoring. And before someone says 'disable the physical activity tracker' - what and why should I need to disable that when everything was perfectly fine up until yesterday?Screenshot_20240911_173046_Device care.jpg

4 Replies
anthony82
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Do you leave it in bed with you or outside in the sun
0 Likes
KelseyGamer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I sleep in a queen size bed and it's always up and off to the side of my pillow. Have been doing this and using Samsung phones since the S8 with no issues. And noto being in the sun.
0 Likes
Imprezz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
There is a section that you can stop apps from running in the background. You mentioned you have been using the ring so what ever you are tracking is killing the phones battery quick. I am using the watch instead with the health app and no issues so far. Try resetting the phone maybe it would also fix it.
0 Likes
KelseyGamer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I actually stopped using the Ring and its tracking features about a week ago but this incident didn't start til last night.
0 Likes