Original topic:

Samsung - Remove S24 Gallery app auto tune. Its terrible.

(Topic created: 03-04-2024 04:04 AM)
Bacuba12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Please Samsung do us all Galaxy s24 phone users a favor and remove the awful Gallery app auto photo tune. It overprocceses the photo and looks nothing like the image preview from when the photo was taken. My first iphone took better photos than this camera because of this feature. 

Provide us an option to turn it on or off. Please! It's so frustrating to see the image automatically change without my consent and with no way to remove it. Change this feature!!

4 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
From your Camera app, select the Settings cog wheel top left and then find Intelligent optimization. Turning this to minimum (off) should result in noticeable differences.
0 Likes
Bacuba12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Sadly this does not solve the problem. When you open the photo in the samsung Gallery app (it does this by default), it automatically edits the photo permanently. You can't prevent it. There should be a setting to turn this off in the gallery app. It ruins all photos. 

Thanks for your response though. 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Hmm I haven't noticed this behavior with my S24U. Have you tried toggling the Super HDR viewing option already? No change? Honestly, there shouldn't be any editing applied to your photos from the gallery app itself.
0 Likes
Bacuba12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

No change. Right after you take a photo, if you click on it from the camera app and it opens gallery, you will see three circles moving in the thumbnail showing that it is editing. Then it changes it. I switched everything off. I truly think this is a bug maybe on s24 plus. Or if not, something they need to remove -- everyone is complaining. I have seen a lot of posts on this. I hope samsung fixes their camera. It's horrible right now. šŸ˜”