JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung gallery app crashing

(Topic created: a month ago)
ssimon127
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung gallery app won't open and keeps crashing. I have cleared cache and data. It did nothing. Just started. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
100 Replies
Coolkidmy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
This literally just started happening to me. Is this an update issue or something ?
0 Likes
Randsgt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue for me with a Z Fold 6
0 Likes
ACrave
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
This is also happening on my s24 Plus. I cannot uninstall the app as hard pressing it doesn't give me the option because it's a standard app on the phone, not one I downloaded from the Play store after purchasing
0 Likes
Canning
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Happening to me on s24 as well since yesterday. Just closes immediately. Doesn't even feel like a crash? It just minimizes immediately. 

0 Likes
Canning
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Ok I figured out it was a corrupt file that was causing my issue. I had tried to open an heic file a friend sent on discord. I wasn't able to open my gallery or downloads to remove it but searched my phone for heic and opened it through Google photos instead, deleted the file and my gallery worked again immediately. 

Kekouan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
This worked for me
0 Likes
mandydandy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
this also fixed my issue.. it was my last downloaded pic. as soon as I deleted it. problem fixed!! thank you!!!
0 Likes
Kekouan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Try looking through any recent photos that you've saved that was sent from an iPhone and deleting them. You can do this through files.
0 Likes
soko1116
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same here! Started yesterday!
0 Likes
twintwo3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Help mine is don't the same thing. This is ridiculous.
0 Likes