JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung keyboard voice input

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 01:11 PM)
duawami
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

NEW S24 with major bug. No Samsung Keyboard icon on navigation bar and more importantly no voice input icon.

I've tried everything.

-enabled Samsung keyboard as default
-enabled Samsung voice input
-tried clearing cache, deleting data and even uninstall Samsung keyboard and Samsung speech and reinstalling it.
-tried switching to Google Voice typing
-Downloaded offline English language pack
-Show keyboard button is toggled on
-Samsung permissions allow microphone

I've tried everything I can think of and I still can't get the keyboard icon or the voice input icon to show up in the navigation bar.

Please help!
164 Replies
userhC1w2KnnjA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I feel the same way and honestly I'm contemplating returning mine as well I don't understand why they would do this I like one hand operation I use my right hand and it's made it almost impossible to do so especially with such a large screen phone I feel like in the middle of the screen was the best place for it cuz it could be reached from either hand one hand users
ReallyFrustrated
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Why can't I see the comments?!
0 Likes
MemphisMafia
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes! The voice to text feature is too far to the left for right hand users.
0 Likes
Jeffrosado2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Looks like I'll be using gboard from now on

sftwcnslt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Just upgraded from S20+ to S24+ and the text to voice button is in the lower left of the screen. Can the "mic" button be moved back to the option line?
user5gsSYSUyRF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
This is a big nuisance! How do I change the location
usera9Pwq6Xm7C
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. I think it's great to have the new features of Ai but I hate that it's tough to reach the voice to text button with one hand. The Google keyboard fixes that putting it on The top right side but then you loose the Ai features.
usera9Pwq6Xm7C
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
They really ruined the Samsung keyboard with this one. They moved it to the least ideal place
TLRacer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm wondering this as well. As the current location is not very convenient. And I'm really surprised that they did not build in some customization
cscscs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
0 Likes