JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung keyboard voice input

(Topic created: 01-26-2024 09:19 PM)
duawami
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

NEW S24 with major bug. No Samsung Keyboard icon on navigation bar and more importantly no voice input icon.

I've tried everything.

-enabled Samsung keyboard as default
-enabled Samsung voice input
-tried clearing cache, deleting data and even uninstall Samsung keyboard and Samsung speech and reinstalling it.
-tried switching to Google Voice typing
-Downloaded offline English language pack
-Show keyboard button is toggled on
-Samsung permissions allow microphone

I've tried everything I can think of and I still can't get the keyboard icon or the voice input icon to show up in the navigation bar.

Please help!
JUMP TO SOLUTION
165 Replies
userR8nZkR3Ekf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
How did you do that
0 Likes
WhiteNBi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I had mine there, but now it disappeared
0 Likes
galaxy84
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I am finding that the gboard speech to text is still much better than the Samsung speech to text on the keyboard
duawami
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Only drawback is the privacy and security with gboard.
Samsung_G4KJLqs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I wish I knew what the gesture board is, and how to use it. I will look up that topic.

0 Likes
bigdave79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

You now have to enable the "keyboard button on nav bar" in order to use voice to text. So stupid. I use gesture navigation too. I don't need my screen space used up just for one button. Why can't they just bring it back to the shortcut bar?

duawami
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm with you.. this really needs to be addressed by Samsung. Their should at least be an option to put it back. It makes no sense to have it there.
beekl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you able to use gestures and still have the mic?
0 Likes
shoxie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

if you disable and enable again option "keyboard button on nav bar" you will find out keyboard button in the bottom left corner appeard, in order to change this button to microphone button again you have to touch and hold this keyboard button in bottom left corner and you will able to choose which button you want
BR, Patrick

Members_FyS3W7L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I posted a similar question, but your answer worked for me!  Thanks!  I spent a couple of hours trying to find where this option was, with no luck, until I put your "keyboard button on nav bar" into the search option!  Thanks again!

0 Likes