Original topic:

Samsung message doesn't work after update.

(Topic created: yesterday)
useriHjKgMI4rM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a Galaxy s24 ultra, and after a week of a major update that happened a week ago, I use Samsung message and now after the update I do not receive text messages from certain people, not all. Only messaging app is Google message and I hate it. Lol
Is anyone else having this problem? 
9 Replies
CntClark
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same here.. I'm not receiving GIFs in texts or I'm not able to send GIFs in texts
useriHjKgMI4rM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It's annoying. I called my mobile service and they said that with this new major update rolling out starting with newer Android phones, and then older phones Google is pushing out Samsung messages because it will no longer be compatible. I'm going to my service provider tomorrow to confirm.
Bar_Na
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Every other day or maybe once a day, when I open the built-in Samsung Messages, I see a recommendation to upgrade to Google Messages... WHY is Samsung recommending this on my Galaxy A32 5G??

I've now just been reading that Samsung might be discontinuing support for the Samsung Messages.., is this true?

And if I do switch, upgrade, to the Google Messages (I suppose it will download from the Google Play Store..?), will all my current messages and conversation logs in the built-in Samsung Messages be visible in the Google Messages...???
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
There's a update button to switch all your text over to Google messages did on mine anyway
Bar_Na
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Until now I've been selecting "Not now" every time I see the recommendation, in my Samsung Messages screen, to upgrade to Google Messages.

I know that RCS is the system that Google Messages uses, and I understand this is better. I don't know why my Samsung A32 5G phone doesn't have RCS capability..

But I know too that Google Messages has the feature to "react" to messages, like the Messenger app has. And Samsung just doesn't want to add this feature in the built-in Messages!

So my concern is that I won't lose all my conversation logs and messages in them, in Samsung Messages.
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
I got you I prefer Samsung messages but seems there ending at some point perhaps use if it in my view anyway to let Google messages be default one
0 Likes
useriHjKgMI4rM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, all my Samsung messages that I wasn't getting popped up along with my older messages on Google messages.
0 Likes
PeeZee420
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
And if you have bought any themes, everything but your messages will be themed. And that pisses me off. My messenger will be that ugly non theme. Samsung should think about the people who have bought themes. I spend hours picking out pictures and colors. 1726368979855.jpg
useriHjKgMI4rM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Even the fonts. That's one thing I love about Android is customizing.