JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen Lock PIN needs okay

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 07:17 AM)
Bagz24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Anyone notice they don't have the option to not need to press the OK or enter when entering your screen lock PIN? Am I missing that somewhere? 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
107 Replies
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Trying to get my S24 Ultra set up, and I cannot find the option to unlock my phone by PIN WITHOUT having to press "ok." I had it set up on my S22 Ultra, but I can't find the option on my S24 Ultra. Can anyone provide screenshots on how to do it? 
Options
Galaxy S24
When you go to create your pin, type your 4 digits like normal, but type 2 extra digits on the end, toggle the setting then delete the 2 extra digits and it will work with 4.
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
SWEET!! It worked!! Thanks so much!
Mike st
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

How do you "toggle the settings" ? Mine's a s24 and hate the OK

Options
Galaxy S24
You need to type a total of 6 digits minimum. So if you want a 4 digit pin, add 2 extra digits to the end. Then toggle the option to enter without pressing okay and then delete the 2 extra digits. Save your pin and it'll work.
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the info!!! Bookmarked for future reference..
Mike st
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

NICE 1.put 6 digits in,unpicked then retired box.deleted last 2 digits then retyped the 4 digits and worked perfectly with 4 digits.WHATEVER YOU DO,"DO NOT" CLICK 'OK' OR WILL NOT WORK

0 Likes
Mike st
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

**bleep** auto correct. Unpicked = Unticked....Retired = Reticked

0 Likes
Tanned_Nachos
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I can confirm that this one works! Thank you so much for sharing!

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Note that you would need to un-check, then re-check the box for this to work, and the option will disappear when you remove the extra digits, but will still work.

Note as well that as soon as you power off or restart your device, you will need to click on OK after typing in your 4 digits, so would have to go through this again after every reboot.

Final Note: This change was implemented by Google for Android 14.