JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen Lock PIN needs okay

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 07:17 AM)
Bagz24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Anyone notice they don't have the option to not need to press the OK or enter when entering your screen lock PIN? Am I missing that somewhere? 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
109 Replies
Tanned_Nachos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I can confirm that this one works! Thank you so much for sharing!

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Note that you would need to un-check, then re-check the box for this to work, and the option will disappear when you remove the extra digits, but will still work.

Note as well that as soon as you power off or restart your device, you will need to click on OK after typing in your 4 digits, so would have to go through this again after every reboot.

Final Note: This change was implemented by Google for Android 14.

PianoManJay
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You only need to click okay the first time after you reboot. You don't need to redo the setting after every reboot.
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

I freaked out after the first one, and went back to a 6 digit, thanks so much for the info I will have to try it and see.  I am not used to 6 digits yet, and do not want to be forced to be!

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Awesome!  Thanks!  I had it require the OK, so thought it was broke, but I just tested what you said, and it is 100% true, have to hit ok the FIRST time after a reboot, and is back to not needing the OK after that!  Thank you SOOOOOOO much! (can't stand a 6-digit pin)

0 Likes
LC444
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Me too
0 Likes
lottie13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine used to be there, now it's gone
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Your what used to be there?  The check box to allow you to not need to press OK?  With new Android 14, the option is not available until you have a minimum of 6 digits as your PIN.

kathik
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I see a note and push pin icon in the screen saver, what notification was it ? Does anyone knows it
0 Likes
meme-4ever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I tried on 24+. It doesn't give the option to check on or off with 6 digit or 4. Anyone else find a solution 🤔? Thanks
0 Likes