Original topic:

Signal strength issues??

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 02:52 PM)
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
So, since I got the s24 ultra from the s23 ultra my signal strength has been much worse. Can a software update fix this? I've never had this issue with my last 4 samsungs so this is new to me. Might have to send it back if there is no hope...
113 Replies
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
There you have it. Thanks for the clarification šŸ‘šŸ»
0 Likes
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm worried about doing that with an esim activated. Not sure if it deletes the esim activation or not
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
The Reset Mobile Network Settings" should not interfere with the e-Sim. I just did it 3 times in a row on mine to experiment with an eSim from T-mobile. But it definitely wouldn't hurt to check with your carrier if you are not sure.
user1Ww1T9yiDn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have unlocked
S24 U also and weird thing is that if I'm near a 5g tower, my 4g switched to 5g uwb mode, but when away from the tower, it switches back to 4g lte but no 5g at all. Been in every setting imaginable in the phone to work with, but so far no results and ad stated in another post, vzw help knowledge on this issue is pretty much non existent whether in person or by phone...
0 Likes
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
The more I think about it. The more I want to return it. I can live with the display. I cannot live with LTE and no 5G.
0 Likes
Binx75075
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Honestly I would just take your phone to your carrier store and see if they can figure it out.
- Jason -
0 Likes
DH7777
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Whenever my s24U goes from wifi to cell or 4g to 5g the service drops completely.

If I go to the control center, it says it's already in Airplane Mode for a few seconds. I have to wait for it to realize it's not, then activate and turn off airplane mode to get back cell service

I submitted a ticket to Samsung, they said it's a carrier issue. I asked why is it wifi then also and they had no answer so I'm waiting for a reply to my ticket now. It's only my S24U, no other phones on this network and my coworker with his s23U standing right beside me same carrier doesn't have the issue.

I think MrWhoseTheBoss spoke of this issue in his review. Why won't Samsung acknowledge it? It can probably be patched 
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I feel like Samsung focused too much on AI and forgot how to make a phone that works. I was excited about a flat display finally and better battery life than my S22 Ultra. I activated it and immediately noticed I wasn't on 5g. That's unacceptable. I noticed my hotspot no longer worked. Unacceptable. My WiFi calling didn't work. Unacceptable. I contacted my carrier to be sure it wasn't on their end. They did a reset of everything on their end and it seemed like I was on the right path, but again things weren't working. I got with my carrier again today and reactivated my S22 Ultra and everything is working fine. This phone is headed back to Samsung. When they get the next one right, I'll upgrade. 
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a s24+ unlocked and no issues at all. Did you buy yours unlocked or through a carrier ? Seems like unlocked phones have less issues. I had a pixel 7 before this and got tired of bad battery and overheating even though I like the pixel phones. You might also just had a bad unit
mquin2112
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine is direct through Samsung, unlocked.
0 Likes