JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Switch S23 Ultra to S24 Ultra

(Topic created: 02-10-2024 09:01 AM)
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
As surprised as I was by how much of my data was moved, I was more surprised by how much wasn't. I backed up everything to Samsung Cloud and Google just before using Smart Switch to move.

Most apps restored, some didn't.
Some app data restored, much didn't.
Quick settings didn't copy over.
Default app preferences didn't copy over.
Many settings, like notification preferences, didn't copy over.

I could go on and on, but I have a phone to set up. It will take a good two days to get this phone ready to swap the SIM... and then I get to do it all over again for the Darling Bride's S24 Ultra! Smart Switch has been around long enough that things like this should not happen. That's my 2ยข and probably not worth that much.
16 Replies
LordVako
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Well what happened? It does transfer everything from 1 to another. in some rare occasions it might not transfer 1 app or 1 email address for example but that's the extent I've seen in "fail" ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24

I was never able to transfer everything using Smart Switch. 

Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I have been using Samrt Swith to transfer to a new phone since its inception. Almost everything transfers over. However, individual text tones and ringtones for contacts don't transfer over.
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
That's odd. All my ringtone mp3 files transferred just fine.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, tones transfer, they don't reapply to your contacts from your old phone. Only thing I hate about setting up a new phone.
userZzZhGsRNlC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Did u ever figure it out? Iโ€™m having a ton of trouble

0 Likes
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
No, I just finished setting it up manually. Hopefully the SmartSwitch team has their act together in time for the S25 Ultra.
0 Likes