JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Swipe Gestures Hiding Nav Bar is back!

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 09:07 PM)
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

They heard you, Samsung has brought back the ability to hide your Navigation Bar and Swipe Gestures.

You will have to download Goodlock and specially NavStar once installed toggled on NavStar, Enable extra gesture settings.

Go to settings. Display, navigation, show more, have fun again. 

Ps. If you already have both apps and you are not seeing those options, Open Goodlick again scroll to NavStar, tap on the more, go to store, there will be an update waiting. For some reason it isn't showing up in updates

392 Replies
astrodragon6363
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Same here! I can't stand this new side swift option, the only version of the icon-free never bar! Where did all the settings go!? I can't even reach the left edge with my thumb to swipe! Swiping up from the bottom right and left was so much more manageable, now I have to have the stupid icons or else I can't navigate, and can't stand the bottom center swip up and hold function that's so slow!
0 Likes
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
0 Likes
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I think this is what you are all talking about and hopefully, this is the fix you're looking for. I don't have my S24 yet, so I'm not positive this solution works. Good luck!
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Goodlock, NavStar.
I haven't gotten the NavStar update yet, only got my phone today.
That will fix it, I want to hide the Nav bar, that's been fixed too!
0 Likes
userv4UaXeBW3K
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
You need gesture hints to be able to use circle to search
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
No you don't, just long press on bottom of the screen. I just removed my Navigation bar hint. It works just fine.

Good lock, NavStar, download, turn on, enable extra gesture settings.

Go to settings, display, navigation, more settings.1706595476513.jpg1706595613650.jpg
0 Likes
astrodragon6363
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Reaching all the way to the left edge and right edge is difficult, when we used to set the bottom right and bottom left swip_up setting to get the Back and recent buttons to work. Where'd the setting go? I can't stand having the buttons show the icons, and much prefer the swipe, but not the edge swipe function. Just came from s22 ultra to s24 ultra
0 Likes
BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24

Samsung removed it to accommodate Google Circle Search.

But you can get the swipe from bottom gestures back by downloading the Good Lock (NavStar) app from the Samsung Store. 

astrodragon6363
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh my gosh, thank you SO much for letting me know! Lifesaver
0 Likes
BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24

You're Welcome.

Let me know if you need help installing the apps.

0 Likes