Original topic:

The S Pens needs to be made more durable

(Topic created: yesterday)
Luner
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Samsung needs to stop making these s. Pens out of the cheap, generic junk plastic. We deserve a premium feel and design for the premium price we pay. It's already bad enough that there are companies who give 16 gigs of ram

With excellent cameras and they are on mid-range phones. With samsung, we still only get twelve gigs of ram and mediocre cameras for what's supposed to be a flagship phone. With 7 years of updates, it most definitely should have automatically come with 16 gigs. Samsung needs to at least make a titanium s pen so that we can purchase it for the s24 ultra. Samsung users need to say enough is enough and start demanding they give us what we rightfully deserve.
5 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you ever actually tried writing with a skinny implement that's made out of a fairly heavy metal? Not to mention a full metal body would block all wireless communications and charging, necessitating a break in the body somewhere for passthrough which invalidates any durability benefits by adding a weak spot. It would easily double the price, it could damage the screen if the metal part makes contact, it offers no benefits whatsoever, I can't think of a single actual reason for this other than pointless chasing after premium materials
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
What is a flag ship? It sounds so military_ do you want a steel pen I could ask them to make whatever you want. But if I made terrible product I wouldn't think twice that it would get thrown back at me. Plastic pens thousand dollar phones.. sounds like a huge robbery to me. Sorry if I'm rude but quality products is all I would ask for being the customer.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

A titanium pen is a no go for so many reasons, it would effect so many different components in the phone. Wireless charging, NFC, it would absorb heat and get hot. Something you definitely don't want in your expensive phone, more heat! 

Wanting something to just say, look my pen is made of titanium and the practicality of it don't go together!

usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
That makes sense sorry if I was negative. I understand now.
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Do you want your pen to be heavier maybe one could customize it so you can feel more comfortable with it, maybe even make it more stylish.