JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Voice transcript not working on S24 Ultra

(Topic created: a month ago)
vjc789
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I just tried to transcript a voice recording I made on my S24 ultra and nothing happens. The AI feature gets to 29% transcript and just freezes and goes no further. The issues this phone is having is a big disappointed and a huge embarresment for Samsung. I think they rushed this phone release without really working out all the software bugs first. For a $1500 price tag on this phone it should never have these kind of issues when it's released to the public. 

10 Replies
userbZAOZHbeZS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Im having the same issue. It worked a few times now it stays at 29% and will not budge
0 Likes
thingswedesire
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
It's probably a licensing issue, but could also be an oversight. I transcribed a voice memo and then had it summarized but then, there I was baffled, unable to select the text and copy it Nothing a long screenshot and photo to text couldn't bypass but definitely annoying.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
You can't tap and hold? I haven't been able to try the feature out, but I would assume holding would work as it works for the transcribe.
0 Likes
Members_IeCAUld
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same were you able to get it to work.  It was one of the main reasons I upgraded my phone. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the Voice transcript not loading full, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. The first step would be to make sure your microphone permission is turned on for this feature. Go to settings > apps > Live Transcribe and Sound > Notifications

The next step would be to clear the cache and data for the app Go to settings > Apps > Live Transcribe and Sound > storage and clear cache and data.

I would also recommend testing your device in safe mode. Safe mode rules out any third party software that may be interacting with the transcribing feature. Give this link a try for steps to put your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

If you are experiencing these symptoms in safe mode, the next step would be to wipe the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. To put your device in recovery mode to wipe the cache partition: Power your device off, press and hold the power key and the volume up key > tap the volume down key until wipe cache partition is highlighted and then press the power key. 

If you have tried all the troubleshooting provided the final step would be to factory reset your device. Please use this link for the steps to back up and factory reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps provided and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend submitting an error report, so our team of engineers can get direct insight in to the symptoms you are experiencing. Please use this link for the proper steps to submit an error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

0 Likes
vjc789
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Had the S24 ultra for three weeks now and still can't get the AI transcribe feature of the stock voice recorder to work. I'll recorder a few minutes of audio then save it. I open the transcribe feature, hit English, then hit transcribe and it immediately goes to 29% and freezes. It goes no further than 29%. I let the phone sit for about 30 minutes and came back to check it, and transcribe is still stuck at 29%. What could be wrong with this AI feature?

0 Likes
fritsje
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue, did you get this fixed?

0 Likes
users4NOzCIYUJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am facing exact same issue, please post if anyone got the solution for it.

0 Likes
Stevi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have an s24+. Being an administrator I am often asked to take meeting minutes at work. The transcribe assist and summary looked like a great tool for me. 

I tried it out recently at a meeting and the resulting transcription and summary from the recording was terrible. The voice recording sounded ok and it seemed to be able to detect different speakers. But the transcribe assist interpreted words wrong, way wrong. 

Could it be something I am doing? I have the voice recorder set to record in stereo. My phone sitting on the table. I do not sit in a central spot during meetings because of other logistics. Also I have a case on the phone, but I would hope that would not matter. Any advice?