Original topic:

Trying to turn off vibration on my S24 Plus

(Topic created: Monday)
GVoice4Life
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

It's impossible to find all the locations where vibration can be changed on this phone anymore. I have an s24 Plus and prefer not to have vibration turned on. I have gone everywhere including searching for areas where vibration can be changed and turned it off but I still get vibration during notifications and when I tried to change those settings they don't even State vibration is a suitable feature. I like the way the specific notification features can be displayed or not displayed but being able to locate selections like this should not be so difficult.

0 Likes
6 Replies
BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24

Did you try ? šŸ™‚

- Settings  >

- Sounds and Vibration >

- Turn Vibrate While Ringing Off  >

- Or set "Call Vibration" & "Notification Vibration" to Silent.

GVoice4Life
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. Everywhere that vibration can be turned on or off, that I can find, I've turned it off. I still get vibrations on some things, then when I try to turn them off for those applications there's no option to do so.
So, in general, vibration is turned off. It's the little places here and there that I can't find to be able to turn it off.
KaliSamSungNew
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having the same issue. I've been a Samsung user for decades and never had this happen before. I have vibration off and the phone will still vibrate and not make a sound for my text messages and social media notifications.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Dude, it's right there in sounds and vibration.  There's a whole settings category for it.

0 Likes
KaliSamSungNew
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

They know it's there. What they are saying is the it is not working.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I would suggest that if you don't already have notification categories turned on, you do so.  settings/notifications/advanced settings/manage notification categories for each app.  After you do that, when you get a vibration from an app that you don't want a vibration for, go to that app's notification settings, click on the categories and then click on each category that's turned on and then slide of the vibrate slider.

Screenshot_20240909_121837_Settings.jpg

Waiting for the vibration will save you the trouble of going through every app's categories to make sure the slider is off (unless you have nothing better to do). Although, I do think the global "no vibration" should mean global.

0 Likes