JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to activate Wi-Fi Calling S24 Ultra

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
crazywitchlady
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Unable to activate wifi calling at this time. Try again later. S24 Ultra I did power phone off. Restarted No luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

13 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Wi-fi calling is provided by your carrier.  I have T-Mobile, and in order to activate and use wi-fi calling, I had to have my E911 address set up.  Your provider (if not T-Mobile) may require the same.  In settings/connections/wi-fi calling tap the wi-fi calling text and make sure your emergency address is entered.  If that does not work, then you will have to contact your carrier.

crazywitchlady
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
@relaud I have Verizon. I did. Worked with technical support. We tried for quite some time. She sent a ticket to have this escalated. I just thought maybe I could try the community šŸ¤”
Of course, it is a weekend šŸ™„
Thanks
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I hope someone here has other suggestions for you. If there's a "crossed wire" in the phone's brain, a factory reset and backup restore may be required. Brace yourself for that possibility and make sure you have an extra backup of anything super important.
0 Likes
crazywitchlady
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
@mself, I already did a network reset. The factory reset was discussed. That may be my next step. I have an older samsung phone. I may transfer to that phone, do a factory reset. I always back up. Just to make sure, can you direct me to the steps for the factory reset steps? Thank šŸ˜Š
0 Likes
crazywitchlady
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I did a factory reset. Still did not help. Just got off the phone with tech support. We did find the wifi calling app, but unable to activate it. I am now back with Verizon since it is now on their end. IDK since they said it was active. I will update
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I know how frustrating that could be. Went for years without it and didnt miss it. But now that I've had it, I'd be very frustrated if it went away. I think there may be a way to link or forward a WhatsApp number to your line or vice versa, and that could be a wokaround untul you get it sorted. I dont use WhatsApp myself, so I'm not sure.
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Minus a network reset which they might if told you not sure I wouldn't expect much from the ticket I don't see a need to do a factory reset reset
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

@meself assuming no malfunction with the phone, wi-fi calling is a carrier provided feature, so escalating a support ticket would be of some help.  If there is something in the phone blocking the activation, then a reset should clear it up.  Resetting the networks might help but if that does not work, a factory reset may be the only option.  One should always be prepared for that possibility. I would think doing a network re-set would have been one of the first suggestions tech support would have suggested.

0 Likes
OldHippy13
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My new Galaxy S24 doesn't even show a wifi calling option. What's up with that?
0 Likes