JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to activate Wi-Fi Calling S24 Ultra

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
crazywitchlady
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Unable to activate wifi calling at this time. Try again later. S24 Ultra I did power phone off. Restarted No luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Wi-fi calling is provided by your carrier.  I have T-Mobile, and in order to activate and use wi-fi calling, I had to have my E911 address set up.  Your provider (if not T-Mobile) may require the same.  In settings/connections/wi-fi calling tap the wi-fi calling text and make sure your emergency address is entered.  If that does not work, then you will have to contact your carrier.

View solution in context

13 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Wi-fi calling is provided by your carrier.  I have T-Mobile, and in order to activate and use wi-fi calling, I had to have my E911 address set up.  Your provider (if not T-Mobile) may require the same.  In settings/connections/wi-fi calling tap the wi-fi calling text and make sure your emergency address is entered.  If that does not work, then you will have to contact your carrier.

crazywitchlady
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
@relaud I have Verizon. I did. Worked with technical support. We tried for quite some time. She sent a ticket to have this escalated. I just thought maybe I could try the community šŸ¤”
Of course, it is a weekend šŸ™„
Thanks
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I hope someone here has other suggestions for you. If there's a "crossed wire" in the phone's brain, a factory reset and backup restore may be required. Brace yourself for that possibility and make sure you have an extra backup of anything super important.
0 Likes
crazywitchlady
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
@mself, I already did a network reset. The factory reset was discussed. That may be my next step. I have an older samsung phone. I may transfer to that phone, do a factory reset. I always back up. Just to make sure, can you direct me to the steps for the factory reset steps? Thank šŸ˜Š
0 Likes
crazywitchlady
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I did a factory reset. Still did not help. Just got off the phone with tech support. We did find the wifi calling app, but unable to activate it. I am now back with Verizon since it is now on their end. IDK since they said it was active. I will update
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I know how frustrating that could be. Went for years without it and didnt miss it. But now that I've had it, I'd be very frustrated if it went away. I think there may be a way to link or forward a WhatsApp number to your line or vice versa, and that could be a wokaround untul you get it sorted. I dont use WhatsApp myself, so I'm not sure.
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Minus a network reset which they might if told you not sure I wouldn't expect much from the ticket I don't see a need to do a factory reset reset
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

@meself assuming no malfunction with the phone, wi-fi calling is a carrier provided feature, so escalating a support ticket would be of some help.  If there is something in the phone blocking the activation, then a reset should clear it up.  Resetting the networks might help but if that does not work, a factory reset may be the only option.  One should always be prepared for that possibility. I would think doing a network re-set would have been one of the first suggestions tech support would have suggested.

0 Likes
OldHippy13
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
My new Galaxy S24 doesn't even show a wifi calling option. What's up with that?
0 Likes