Original topic:

Unable to move files to my files app

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
johnyear3000
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

When I use my files app one drive and google are already connected but as soon as I start moving or copying files pictures screenshots to folder from dcim to one drive it stops and says cannot move files please try again why it's already updated to the latest version. Clear cache and data super frustrating.

7 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

if your photos are synced to one drive, they are already backed up there. Check one drive for a folder called "Samsung" in your pictures folder. if they are already there, you can delete them from your phone. they also should be synced with Google photos, so you have multiple backups.  just remember, if you delete photos from your phone, they stay in the backup locations, but if you delete them from the backup, they get deleted from the phone.

0 Likes
johnyear3000
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you but some of them seem to be hidden. How do I know if one drive is syncing all of them or just the screenshots?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

go to the gallery settings and tap the option to sync with OneDrive and select the albums you want to sync.  Also, check Google photos to make sure they are synced there. Google syncs all photos by default--it just doesn't keep the album structure.

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

be careful, though. if you delete from the device, it will automatically delete from OneDrive unless you select otherwise. it's easier to clear space from the "Manage Storage" section of My Files.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
No, its the other way around. If you delete from OneDrive, it deletes from the phone. One drive is the backup.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I guess I'm remembering incorrectly. I haven't backed up photos or anything in a long while. I have everything local and backed up to a SSD or Samsung Cloud with Smart Switch. šŸ‘šŸ»
0 Likes
johnyear3000
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm trying to move the files to secure folder because one drive says cannot sync phone is too hot waiting for it to cool down it's charging I don't know why
0 Likes