JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unlocking a locked phone

(Topic created: 04-02-2024 02:29 PM)
bob1373
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I have an s24+ that I purchased locked from Spectrum Mobile. The phone is not on a contract and is paid in full. Is there a benefit to getting the phone unlocked or should I just keep it locked to Spectrum until moving to a new carrier or traveling internationally?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I'd suggest you unlock it.
It's better to do it ahead of "If" you need to switch to a different carrier. But also the advantage of doing so is if you travel and you find yourself in a place where your carrier has bad signal you can always swith to a SIM card of a provider that does have good signal (if there's a prepaid option that is) or if you travel internationally you can avoid higher rates from your provider by purchasing a local SIM card.

View solution in context

6 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

I would say even if you had it unlocked right now it will still get all updates from Spectrum so they are no real need to get it unlocked by Spectrum until you switch carriers but if you plan on traveling and need a difference carrier while traveling it will need to be unlocked so I would suggest having them unlock it before you plan to travel 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Solution
kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I'd suggest you unlock it.
It's better to do it ahead of "If" you need to switch to a different carrier. But also the advantage of doing so is if you travel and you find yourself in a place where your carrier has bad signal you can always swith to a SIM card of a provider that does have good signal (if there's a prepaid option that is) or if you travel internationally you can avoid higher rates from your provider by purchasing a local SIM card.
bob1373
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the info. I want to make sure that I will get software updateswhen they come out.
0 Likes
userUhfYNm9Syh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a iphone 11 can yall unlock it it with at&t
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
You would need to talk to Apple and AT&T since this is a Samsung Community

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userUhfYNm9Syh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok
0 Likes