JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unwanted Norton Scan pop ups

(Topic created: 08-12-2024 10:18 AM)
user3tGK5il8Fo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm getting unwanted Nortan virus scan pop-upson my new Samsungs24ultra phone. I do not have a Norton subscription and it appearsas a scam. It's starting I have viruses however I have the McAfee subscription that scans my device and it's clear. This Norton pop up comes randomly and frequently when I'm playing Words With Friends 2 that I have been playing for several years. I have disabled pop ups, attempted to block this site which is (logaudit.icu) to no avail. I have disabled Chrome and Samsung internet as well and it still pop up. How can I remove this permanently?
0 Likes
17 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@user3tGK5il8Fo In the app does it offer a chance to pay to opt out of ads? 

0 Likes
user3tGK5il8Fo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't have the Norton app or subscription. These pop ups are randomly interrupting my game play while playing WWF2.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@user3tGK5il8Fo I understand that you don't have Norton installed. If you can, purchase the option in WWF2 to remove ads. Otherwise, a solution is to stop using that game. 

0 Likes
bake1856
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This started happening to me a few days ago.  It's address starts with "logaudit."  I installed AVG thinking I had gotten a virus or something and it detects it as a malicious page, but I can't get it to stop popping up.  Maybe we should contact WWF2 as it's the only app it's happening.  

user3tGK5il8Fo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been playing this game for several years with ads. This is not an ad. This Norton interruption is coming from a Chrome or Samsung internet. The address is logaudit.icu. Maybe I will just factory erase my cell to see what happens. Thank you for your input.
0 Likes
user3tGK5il8Fo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This Norton virus scan is acting as if it is scanning my device and states I have viruses and says to "renew" a subscription I don't have. I have done a safety scan and do not have any viruses, so per Google, this may be a malware attempt. I was trying to avoid factory erasing my cell phone.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@user3tGK5il8Fo This is just a fake scan. It is just a GIF in an ad trying to scare you into clicking something on that page. 

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

You've either got a piece of malware or it's an ad in a game app.  You may have been playing your game with ads for years, but advertisers change, and those anti-virus ads are made to scare you into purchasing their software.  You already have protection built into your phone.  Go to safety & security settings and turn on app protection and run a scan.  If it's actually malware, it will be gone, if it's just another advertisement it won't be and that's not on Samsung, that's on whatever game you are playing or whatever website you are visiting.  If that's the case, you can feel free to ignore it.  If it is popping up absent your using an app or visiting a website, then it is malware and you should enable the protection and leave it enabled.  Samsung does not send pop up ads.  

bake1856
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This doesn't act like a normal ad in WWF2.  It randomly pops up. Ads normally pop up at the end of a play.  These interrupt play.  My avg says it's a malicious page.  I  don't believe it's a samsung problem because, I have a pixel phone.