JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

When will S24 get UI 6.1.1

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Johnlijan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Any idea when unlocked S24 series will get the UI 6.1.1 update in US ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
akdq10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
My s24 ultra unlocked still not show the update now 9/11/2024
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Objection, conjuncture!

You cannot back up your statement of:
"Everyone with locked devices received it this morning in the US"

There are many reports of only 2 carriers seeing the update, and even people who are a target audience may have not checked for or downloaded the update, so have not received it yet.

0 Likes
smokerek
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I always forget about the grammar police! All major carriers have released the update. Unlocks just have to wait our turn like it is now normally. Not like past pre esim days
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Carrier steered update servers pre-date e-sims.  Unlocked devices have been given the finger by most carriers since well before eSims came into being.

(See how I used Most instead of all or everyone, so that I cannot be proven wrong with a single individual not being included?)

smokerek
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
If only I could give you the trophy emoji lol
0 Likes
ssundeep
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

is your phone factory unlocked ?

Options
Galaxy S24
That's odd, I remember in the past, unlocked phones would receive the updates way before any carrier locked
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Things have changed.  Devices now set their update servers to the carriers one as soon as a Sim is inserted (or an e-Sim is installed).  This did not used to be the case, but is now.

Options
Galaxy S24
Wow, that doesn't make a lot of sense, but in the end, it'll get it at some point. Thanks for the information though, did not know that.
Options
Galaxy S24
Next day or so I'd think