JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Am a little devastated about the fact the Galaxy Watch3 won't get the Unified OS

(Topic created: 08-13-2021 09:47 PM)
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

I respect the fact that Samsung is providing 3 years of software updates on the Tizen based watches, but something isn't right about how the Galaxy Watch3 is left out. I feel like if Samsung would've introduced a new chipset to the Galaxy Watch3, it would've been just as compatible to run the new WearOS, but they didn't. Despite it's a 2020 edition product which I haven't had for a year, it's losing a ton of potential it could've gotten before doors were closed down and now I'm not as excited to owning this device anymore. I'm keeping my Galaxy Watch Active, but when the new watch releases, my Galaxy Watch3 will be traded in to get the new Galaxy Watch4, hoping it will relieve the pain of having to give something up that could've been improved from the start. I'm not in any way trying to turn against Samsung by any means, this is just something I wished that could've been fulfilled even better than it was meant to turn out. I hope the best to people who are willing to stick with Tizen a lot longer 👍🏿💔

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Rose4uKY
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

So the Galaxy Watch 3 wont get the wear OS update? My husband has the Galaxy Watch 3 and he mentioned before he like mine better cause of the on screen bezel you turn with touch. I was going to see if he wanted to upgrade to the Watch 4 the non classic in the bigger size. I am already upgrading from my A2 to the small watch 4. 

0 Likes
BGRooster1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've had my watch 3 for just shy of one year. Still waiting on the BP monitoring. They say the new watch will have it. When? At launch or sometime in the distant future? How can we be sure?
0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.