Original topic:

Blood pressure readings on Galaxy watches

(Topic created: 05-22-2024 06:08 PM)
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was wondering about the current status of Samsung's efforts to obtain FDA approval for the blood pressure monitoring feature on their watches in the United States. 

Is this project still in progress, or has it been discontinued?

I see that there is a hack that would enable me to do it on my watch5 Pro. I realize that nobody would condone that process on Samsung's Members board but has anyone tried it? Possibly overseas?
7 Replies
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
There are plenty of Samsung Watch users in the USA using the work around hack, providing blood pressure readings on their watches.
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you heard whether it's very accurate?
0 Likes
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
YouTube has videos on how to set up the work around
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you tried it? What did you think?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
As far as the official BP utility is concerned, after 6+ years the FDA has not cleared it, there is radio silence from Samsung as to its status, the PPG tech is used in other BP measuring devices. My suspicion is that Samsungs's software may not meet FDA muster. It's a shame because Samsung is a "can do" company, but it looks as though they can't/won't do BP. I conclude this after purchasing 4 versions of the watch, looking precisely for this feature. I don't use the work around. I purchased devi es that supposedly came with it (although Dante63's work on the workaround is just great!)
0 Likes
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yep, when you purchase something, make sure that it does what you need, not what it "could've."
I'll try it out since I'm very skeptical that any non-cuffed device can diagnose hypotension. I looked at your profile. It's not your first rodeo round. Thanks for your input.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
HYPERtension, and from what I see, if calibrated regularly, the watch is fairly accurate as a monitoring tool. It is not a diagnostic tool under any circumstance. But I think you will have good luck with it. Calibration every 4 weeks with BP cuff. Good luck
0 Likes