JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can someone please explain the difference between green and blue message boxes on my Galaxy watch 6 classic LTE?

(Topic created: 03-03-2024 02:57 PM)
Pep1286
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does anybody know when sending a message on my Galaxy watch 6 classic whether it's Bluetooth to my phone or on LTE sometimes the message I sent shows up blue and sometimes shows up green Don't understand what makes a difference any information would be helpful thank you

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch
Blue indicates your message was sent as a multimedia message.

The key difference between RCS and SMS is that SMS sends messages over the cellular network, while RCS content requires data connectivity before it can be transmitted. In some situations where data connectivity is not available, it's still possible to send and receive SMS-supported messages. With the expansion of LTE and 5G, however, internet connectivity is plentiful in most areas, enabling a feature-rich service.

Blue text messages mean the sender sent it over the internet using wifi/mobile network an Advanced Message services.

Green or teal messages mean that the text message sent is an SMS

If you send the message directly from your watch using LTE, it's gonna be blue. If you send it while connected to your phone using Bluetooth. It's gonna be green

View solution in context

3 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you're connected to your phone via Bluetooth, then it is sent through your phone. If you're away from your phone and on an LTE network, it is sent directly from your watch.
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch
Blue indicates your message was sent as a multimedia message.

The key difference between RCS and SMS is that SMS sends messages over the cellular network, while RCS content requires data connectivity before it can be transmitted. In some situations where data connectivity is not available, it's still possible to send and receive SMS-supported messages. With the expansion of LTE and 5G, however, internet connectivity is plentiful in most areas, enabling a feature-rich service.

Blue text messages mean the sender sent it over the internet using wifi/mobile network an Advanced Message services.

Green or teal messages mean that the text message sent is an SMS

If you send the message directly from your watch using LTE, it's gonna be blue. If you send it while connected to your phone using Bluetooth. It's gonna be green
Pep1286
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you for all your help appreciate the info now I know