JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't get the watch (watch 5) to vibrate or get text notification to show up on clock screen

(Topic created: 12-26-2022 09:46 AM)
Abbs84
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got my watch 5 yesterday for Christmas . The watch hasn't been dropped or anything. But I can't seem to get text notification to show up on clock screen and I can't seem to get it to vibrate when I get a text notification.  The watch does vibrates for email.

I've tried resetting the watch. I feel like I've turned on everything you're suppose to . I use the default message app.  I can't figure out where it's going wrong. 

11 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you got the watch yesterday, have you checked for a software update?

0 Likes
Abbs84
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, I checked for latest update on the watch and it was up to date.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

The default setting in Wear is that the phone has to have it's screen off and you must be wearing the watch to get notifications. 

Wear->Watch Settings->Notifications->Show phone notifications on watch->select the option that you prefer. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Abbs84
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ahh! Because I had it set to show alerts even when the phone is in use.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Watch

So it's now working? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Abbs84
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, I noticed I did get a notification from an app that I wasn't receiving notifications for before . I wasn't wearing the watch but I came back to see the little red /orange notification dot on the left side. So it sounds promising. It's too late to receive texts from anyone right now to know if the texts notifications are doing what they should.
0 Likes
Abbs84
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
My dad sent me a test text message and it didn't do it. But I had a red/orange dot on the left to let me know I had a notification.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Watch

try force stopping the Wear app and then reopen it. 

You can send a text to yourself.  What I do is get the text ready to send and hold my phone so that I can press the Power key to turn off the display the split second I send the text.  The message system thinks the phone's off and you should get the vibration on the watch. 

Bill
---
0 Likes
Abbs84
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Didn't work. I tried that. 😞
0 Likes