JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Strava app is translating all workouts synced from Samsung Health as runs

(Topic created: 12-30-2022 03:07 AM)
AntoineAtyeh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Samsung health app starts sending/sharing the wrong information to STRAVA App. 

Whatever activity I do and record on Samsung health sends it to STARVA APP as RUN. 

SWIMING, WAKING... all goes to STAVA as RUN activity. 

Note that I record the activity using Galaxy watch 4.

It is only occurring recently.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Submit an error report to both Strava and Samsung. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Submit an error report to both Strava and Samsung. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
mobailey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

You're not the only SHealth / Strava user who's encountered this problem suddenly in the past month:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Strava/comments/zmiy7z/walks_being_logged_as_runs/

Several users confirm that the automatica sync is working, except that all activities (e.g. walks) now appear as "Runs" once they reach Strava.

I've raised this with Strava yesterday (wouldn't hurt if others did this too).  Can also raise with Samsung, if you find a way, as the problem could be caused on either side.

-mobailey