Original topic:

Can't set Google messages to default on my Galax watch 7

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
bengio
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi just got my Galaxy watch 7 and when I select Settings, Apps, Default Apps, I do not have the option for Messaging. On my phone I use Google Messages which is the default, but cannot select either Google or Samsung Meaaages as the default on my watch. Anyone else have this issue?

7 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't know about the watch 7, but on my watch 4, if I (on the watch) go to settings/apps/choose default apps and scroll all the way down to SMS app and click on it, I got to choose Google Messages. So my default app is Google messages.

0 Likes
bengio
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks the problem is I don't have that option at all. I don't know why.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, it might be like the phone, when you open the message app for the first time it asks you to make it the default. Like the phone, only one message app at a time can be active.
0 Likes
OldSteve72
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would reiterate what realaud just said.  I use the Samsung message app as the default on my phone, but Google has been asking me to switch to Google Messages.  I bought my Galaxy Watch 7 a little over a week ago and Google Messages is in my app screen down near the bottom, i.e. you have to scroll through all the other apps on your watch before getting to the Google Messages app.  If you press on that icon, it will ask you if you want to make Google Messages the default app.  I chose not to when I looked at it.

0 Likes
Klarp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can remove Google messages on the watch through the wearable app on your phone and click on app screen. Hold it down and it'll say uninstall
0 Likes
OldSteve72
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I want to hang onto the Google Messages app for now in case I want to switch to it at a later date.

0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Your message app for your watch is whatever you pick on your phone, if you use Samsung, the watch should automatically make that as your default
0 Likes