JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cards removed from Samsung Pay and showing in Samsung Wallet

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was at the market tonight and went to pay on my watch5 Pro and none of the four credit cards I had used previously were displayed. When I got home I was going through my email and saw notifications that my cards were removed from Samsung pay.

I started to add one of my cards back into Pay and realized that they were in Samsung wallet already. I finally decided that it isn't worth the trouble of trying to pay with my watch or phone anymore. It's easier to get my wallet out and use a old fashioned plastic credit card. 
Similarly, I got several ads that informed me that I'd be able to use my driver's license in Samsung wallet and thought that was pretty cool until I found out it was only for one U.S. state, and it wasn't mine. When Samsung figures out which app I'm supposed to use send me an app and advertisement for that.

I have no idea why it doesn't work anymore. šŸ˜• 
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your cards being deleted. As many of you have already submitted an error report, the next step would be to reach out to our Samsung Wallet/Pay team directly using the contact information in this link: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Samsung-Support-Acknowledgement/td-p/2...

Please keep us updated after you speak to Samsung Pay if you continue to experience these symptoms, so we can look into this further for you.

0 Likes
CodeChaser
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here ..  

How do I install Wallet on my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro?

0 Likes
Members_5Ds0AT7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yup, same issue here.....3 cards in Samsung Pay both on watch (Samsung 5) and phone. Went to use watch today in store and everything was gone. Had to use the phone, then go home and re-enter all 3 cards. This is not the first time the watch has "lost" my cards. I had just taken my watch off the charger, so I dont know if recharging triggered a glitch, but I am about ready to scrap the whole thing and try elsewhere (Google Pay?.....Garmin Pay?).

Members_5Ds0AT7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

OK here we go again Samsung, I posed this same issue 2 weeks ago here....and once again you have embarrassed me at the checkout of the local grocery store!  Curiously again, after a recharge - I went to pay with my Samsung 5 watch...and guess what? It's like I am starting from scratch...asks me if I want to set up Samsung pay on my watch, all credit cards gone....and I fumble for my phone which fortunately I had with me and it still had my CC on it.....I am tired of having to reinstall the watch SW and/or re-enter payment cards agin just to use it on my watch. Please address this and tell us what is going on...thank you!~

0 Likes
KathyinCA
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Happened again (2nd or 3rd time) to me today too and so far won't let me restart - it keeps resetting. I'm moving beyond unhappy into ticked.
0 Likes
CodeChaser
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, may I offer a suggestion. You probably already know all of this, so please don't take it personally, just stating what I did.

Watch5 Pro - is what I have

About 2 months ago I experienced the same issue, it really was frustrating as I had 5 cards, now I only keep 3.

Before I uninstalled the software, I made a point to clear all storage to be safe for the two apps. Samsung wallet and Samsung pay.

Of course, rebooting the phone and watch.

Then I tried to use the Samsung pay on my watch forcing me to follow the instructions.   So far cross my fingers, this has not happened again.   

What was confusing was I added the my cards to the wallet, but they did not show up in the watch.  I had to do it again, ug! ..  No matter, they are now in both places.  It has been a few months with no issues, but this was one point I remember.  

I did read somewhere where they are merging Samsung Pay & Wallet, but sure did not seem that way.  It is possible that this merge stuff is part of what we are experiencing.

If it did I would be requesting a service request going thru the hassle of sending the watch in for repair.  So far it has been find and have not needed to go thru route.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tom

0 Likes
KathyinCA
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Happened again to me today and so far won't let me re-add - it keeps resetting. This is the second or third time it's wiped all my cards and reset the app. I'm getting really ticked off.
0 Likes
KathyinCA
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Happened again today, one day later - at least the third time. I submitted a trouble ticket and encourage everyone else to too. They need to know this is a problem. 

0 Likes
CodeChaser
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is a wild idea, not sure if this will help.

See if there are any issues with 'Samsung Pass'.  In the past I did not know it, but this app had to be reinstalled for some odd reason, which I do not remember.  It was impacting one of Samsung apps, so I ended up chasing down the error it had.

It has been months so I do not remember the actually app, but it was like totally unrelated.   If I remember correctly 'Samsung Pass' has behind-the -scene files that must be installed and running correctly for Samsung-Apps to function 100%....

Again, this may lead no where, but you want to check all these two other apps, Samsung Wallet & Pass. 

Seems they have some type of "non-bio šŸ˜‰ " symbiotic relationship which impacts one another.

I've clipped a couple of paragraphs from the link below.  

The point as stated above, they all need to be running correctly for Samsung-Pay to be happy.

Things like face or fingerprint should work as well as Wallet for paying with the phone.

Search google for the article as it is not allowed in this reply..

Samsung Pass vs Samsung Wallet: What's the difference? 

Yes, Samsung Pass is a feature of Samsung Wallet. Samsung Wallet is a digital wallet app that combines Samsung Pass and Samsung Pay into one service. It allows users to store important items like passwords, credit cards, bank accounts, and more in one place. Samsung Pass is a biometric authentication service that lets users sign in to apps and websites using their fingerprints or irises instead of passwords. 

Samsung Wallet is the successor to two popular Samsung apps, Samsung Pass and Samsung Pay. Samsung Pass was widely used for password management and was one of the first apps to be integrated with a mobile payment app. On the other hand, Samsung Pay was a mobile payment app that utilized near-field communication (NFC) technology to send payment information from your phone to a payment terminal.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Once again Samsung is messing with the watch version of the Pay app.  It looks as if overnight they deleted the app from the watch and replaced it with a new app (which looks and works exactly the same) and, as a result, all my cards were once again deleted.  In the 6 years I've owned one watch or another, I never had my cards removed in an app update, now this is twice in a one month period. STOP IT. At least post a warning announcement that a new version is being applied and will result in having to re-enter your cards.  One should not have to find out when they go to a store and try to pay for something.  Samsung managed to update the wallet app with no negative effects, why should the watch be problematic that way. Do I have to check every morning to see if my cards are still installed?

I know it's being treated as a new app, since after re-setting it up, I got an email welcoming me to the "new" Samsung pay.  I never, in all the years of using Samsung Pay, got that email.