JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cards removed from Samsung Pay and showing in Samsung Wallet

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was at the market tonight and went to pay on my watch5 Pro and none of the four credit cards I had used previously were displayed. When I got home I was going through my email and saw notifications that my cards were removed from Samsung pay.

I started to add one of my cards back into Pay and realized that they were in Samsung wallet already. I finally decided that it isn't worth the trouble of trying to pay with my watch or phone anymore. It's easier to get my wallet out and use a old fashioned plastic credit card. 
Similarly, I got several ads that informed me that I'd be able to use my driver's license in Samsung wallet and thought that was pretty cool until I found out it was only for one U.S. state, and it wasn't mine. When Samsung figures out which app I'm supposed to use send me an app and advertisement for that.

I have no idea why it doesn't work anymore. šŸ˜• 
29 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would submit feedback to them in support
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
OK, so today I was thinking that maybe I did something to reset S-Pay on my watch, since both resets happened after I rebooted my watch. But, I rapidly changed my mind, as I went to pay for something today and saw my cards disappear before my eyes. Tapped the terminal and the charge didn't take, as sometimes happens, went to open S-Pay again and all the cards were gone. So I had to spend the afternoon re-entering them. If it happens again, I'm just going to use Google Wallet as my default on the watch, even though it's a pain in tushie since even making it the default won't cause the phone button to activate it.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

What did they change it to? I used it this morning to make a purchase. Then I went to another store and it was just...gone. Samsung pay no longer has any cards listed. Even though they are in my wallet, it says there are no cards to import. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah. I don't know what they are messing with here. This is rhe second time this month. I re-added all my cards manually, and so far, they are still there...but I haven't actually tried to pay for anything yet. I don't understand it if the all these years without a problem all of a sudden three times in the last two months that have had to reset all my cards.
0 Likes
userX7GzzWc809
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Agreed
0 Likes
KathyinCA
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree too. It's happened to me three times in the past month after no problems in past years. For now I'm giving up and going to Google Wallet. But I prefer Samsung and hope they get it fixed.

I did report it to support, who of course acted as if they'd never heard of it. After sending as much documentation as I could (there's no way to duplicate something like this, as they asked) they said they sent it on to the developers. I suggest everyone report it to support, so they know they have a real problem.
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have decided to continue using my traditional plastic credit cards until Samsung resolves the current issues and provides a more seamless experience.
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Was just at Lowe's and used SP on my watch to pay for my purchase. Got home, took watch off to mow the yards, and put it back on when finished. Was looking at something online and went to check SP on my watch for some reason, only to find that my watch says it was reset and to see my phone (S24U). Check my phone and all my cards are still there and appear to be active, but nothing on the watch. Thanks to previous comments, have Google Pay also set up on my watch now so have made it the default with a double-press of Home to activate it. Just sent a text to Support. Not sure I have any error logs.

Update: text with support - out of warranty so options are Trade-in or Mail in for service. Time for Google Pay until this gets corrected.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was just out and about and paid at two separate places with S-Pay on the watch.  So far, cards are still there.  I do have G-Pay set up waiting to be called to action next time those cards disappear.  

I'm sorry Samsung support was no help to you.  Seems their default at the regular CS line is to tell you to buy a new device when out of warranty.  That being said, in an earlier post in this thread the moderator suggested contacting the team responsible for Samsung Pay: For questions or concerns with using the Samsung Pay/Wallet app, please reach out to Samsung Pay at 1-844-726-7297.  So, if you are so inclined, reach out.  It's my belief that they don't consider it a problem until they get a deluge of people complaining--after all, one, two or a dozen people complaining on a message board doesn't really make it a widespread issue to them.

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

UPDATE: just got off the phone with the SP folks. They're aware of the issue and have contacted Google to insure that this doesn't happen again with any future updates sent out to watches. Not sure how long it will take for them to send out an update. I'm going with Google Wallet for now, since the last time I had to re-register my cards I ended up having to factory reset my watch.

I guess I can try calling them. Just now getting to email, and saw that my cards were removed from my device at 12:27 after having been successfully used at 09:57.samsung pay issue.jpg

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes