JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Considering purchasing a Galaxy Watch Active 2 - what about water damage

(Topic created: 08-14-2021 09:04 AM)
tkalfaoglu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello. I am considering purchasing an Active2 after using Casio WSD-F10 for years.

I used the Casio in water many times, such as swimming and skin diving. No problems.

I read in some forums that if the Active2 leaks water in, it is not covered in warrantee and the cost of repair eclipses the original cost of the watch. Apparently happened to several people.

Is that so, if the watch leaks water in, do we have an expensive paperweight?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_6x8zLdF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I hope you did not buy the watch. My Active2 was gifted to me on May 28, 2021 and now the touch screen does not work due to "water damage". Samsung told me that it would cost $209.98 to fix it even though the watch cost $219.99. The cause of the malfunction was probably water damage, but it was not my fault that the back of the watch was not properly sealed, allowing water to leak into the device. Now, I am out of a watch.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

It is true that physical and liquid damages are not covered under the Samsung limited warranty. Here is a link to the full warranty terms should you be interested in viewing them before purchase: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201909/20190913064339989/WEA_SM-R82X_R83X_Watch_Active...

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Don't waste your time getting the Galaxy Watch Active2, just skip right onto the Active4 considering it's at 250$.
userbm6MxKSlWz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Careful, my Active 2 watch is defected, it has liquid damage (water damage) still under warranty, but Samsung team wants me to pay for repairs even though it still has warranty.  this watch is suppose to be waterproof

Solution
Members_6x8zLdF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I hope you did not buy the watch. My Active2 was gifted to me on May 28, 2021 and now the touch screen does not work due to "water damage". Samsung told me that it would cost $209.98 to fix it even though the watch cost $219.99. The cause of the malfunction was probably water damage, but it was not my fault that the back of the watch was not properly sealed, allowing water to leak into the device. Now, I am out of a watch.