Original topic:

Difference in calibration

(Topic created: 03-22-2024 12:10 AM)
kenny230868
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy watch 5 and a galxy fit3. I wore both on my left hand today and went for a walk. when i returned back my galaxy 5 showed distance of 7948 steps. While Fit showed 6890 steps. Why is there a difference of almost 1000 steps? Can anyone help?

5 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's possible that the different positions on the same arm impacted the number of steps recorded. Trying wearing the watches at the same position, one on each wrist. The results should be closer to one another.
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Speaking of steps, how do the watches and phones determine step length? I've had a GW5 and a GW6, and both overestimate distances walked or hiked.
0 Likes
Goatee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I hope you'll be getting some worthwhile support. Pls read my post regarding my FIT3 issues on this forum. Although Samsung is a global company and the FIT3 I bought is a global version, the FIT3 is not considered as a "US product", and since the focus of this forum is to support US products, information is severely limited. Hence, I was told by the community manager to bring up my issue with the support team in the country it was manufactured (i.e. the Caribbean). Frankly, I am just baffled why such basic major issues could not be at least reported to the ultimate responsible party wherever they reside and resolved internally instead of passing the buck on to the customer. So, good luck!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Make sure your body stats are the same in both phones that you are using: Height, Weight and arm you are wearing it on. Samsung Health is where you will need to go to setup weight and height and **bleep** and Samsung Wear app is where you need to set which arm the device is located on. 

I also have both a Fit3 and a GW5 and while they are off they are not that far off as you can see on the attached screenshots. That said there are some bugs with the Fit3 and I have posted them over at the Samsung Forum that supports the Fit3 here: 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/el-dise%C3%B1o-del-entrenamiento-entre-samsung-health-...

Screenshot_20240422_160148_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_2024-04-22-16-01-35.png

0 Likes