JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Editing Sleep Records - Galaxy Watch vs Galaxy Watch5

(Topic created: 12-24-2022 09:19 AM)
Spikerb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Over the years I've found that Samsung Health frequently starts recording my "sleep" while I'm reading in bed at night. In the past, while using my older Galaxy Watch, I've been able to edit many of these records by removing individual time segments when available. However, I've recently upgraded to a Galaxy Watch5, and while it appears that there are individual time segments within the sleep record, I'm no longer able to select them them to remove those that were recorded when I wasn't actually sleeping; my only option is to delete the entire sleep record. 

I'd really like my sleep data to reflect my actual sleep; any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

7 Replies
Spikerb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sleep record and editing options while using my older Galaxy Watch - I'm able to select and delete individual time segments:GW-Samsung Health.jpg

GW-2-Samsung Health.jpg

Following are screenshots of a similar sleep record using Galaxy Watch5 - There are no options to select or delete individual time segments; only the entire record can be deleted:GW5-Samsung Health.jpg

GW5-2-Samsung Health.jpg

DebbSand
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch thinks when I sit down to read at night that I am sleeping.  How can I edit the time to when I go to bed? It seems it basically is just tracking when you stop moving about and not actually tracking was to tell if you are actually sleeping. 
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
No Smartwatch knows when you're "sleeping" , they are simply tracking movements or lack thereof including heart rate and breathing. Personally, I take my watch off when I know I'm going to have a prolonged period of inactivity.
Spikerb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This wouldn't work for someone wanting to track their sleep.
Spikerb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you're interested in accurately tracking your sleep you might consider getting Sleep as Android from the Play store. I've used it for years, long before having a smartwatch. Once you connect it to your watch it's surprisingly accurate and on the rare chance that it thinks you're sleeping when you're not, you can easily edit the record. It's too bad the Samsung developers haven't spent more time refining the sleep tracking feature in the Health app; the data is useless if it's inaccurate.
T-C
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just upgraded to Watch 5 Pro and disappointed in the  sleep tracking.   Seems to be less accurate than my Watch 3, especially in how it estimates start time.  If I'm watching TV in living room, before going to bed it sometimes adds hours of sleep time before I'm actually in bed and sleeping.  If at least there was a way to edit times or segments, that could be a huge improvement.  

Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

There is an option to edit your sleep record, it just enters that mode and doesn't let you do anything.  It seems to be a bug in Samsung Health.  Submit an error report so we can get this on their radar, I just did. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor