Original topic:

Energy Score

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Emperorx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

Does anyone know why energy score does not update without connecting to phone? I use esim on watch so technically it is still connected to phone remotely via sync samsung account.

Why i have to connect it with Bluetooth as well to get updated energy score. Its so annoying.

8 Replies
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
My guess is because it's a connection setting because it's not synced to the phone through the number if you have Verizon look up number share I think it's like $10 a month at it will link your watch to your phone number so you could go to the store without your phone and you'll still get your texts and your phone calls I have it for my Apple watch in my iPhone and all my notifications come in everything stays synced there might be a little delay because it's a small watch trying to connect to a tower but I don't really have issues this is just a guess maybe though some things need the phone's connection itself even if it's a completely independent watch
0 Likes
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
When you say your watch has an esim, was an actual esim card (QR code) ? You have to connect the watch with the EID (on watch) to be able to use off Bluetooth
0 Likes
Emperorx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Basically its an esim with same number as my phone. It has 4g. I don't want to connect it via Bluetooth because whole point i got esim with it was to use it in sync with the phone without needing to connect with Bluetooth.

Samsung needs to fix it. 

0 Likes
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Theres the problem. Have a representative enter the EID # of your watch on the watch line. Once that's done, you will be able to disconnect from BT and it will still work out of range of the phone.
0 Likes
Emperorx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I think there's misunderstanding here.

My watch is working fine with 4g connection without phone. The only trouble is It says i need to connect to phone via Bluetooth for my energy score even though all the factors taken into account for energy score such as sleep, workout etc are still available in watch app. 

0 Likes
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Aaahhhh.... gotcha..... yeah.... i got nothin on that part .... 1800samsung !
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Emperorx Sorry but the transfer of that information requires the Bluetooth connection. 

0 Likes
Emperorx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It shouldn't if it is so. Both watch and phone use samsung account to monitor data so why Bluetooth is even necessary is useless from samsung. 

0 Likes