Original topic:

FEATURE REQUEST: Display Medication On Reminders

(Topic created: 08-07-2024 01:48 PM)
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
It would be helpful if medication reminders on the watch could display the name of the medication, rather than just a generic reminder. This would make it easier to know which medication to take, especially if a person is taking multiple medications or has a changing regimen. 

Currently, the only way to see the medication name is to get the phone out and inspect the reminder, which can be inconvenient.
4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

You don't remember which medications you are supposed to take at which time?  Did you just start taking them? That is the only way I can imagine not knowing which medication is due at a particular time.  I consider the app just a reminder to take the medicine, as I am so resistant to having to take meds at all, that I many times forget, but I do know which ones I am supposed to take when.

0 Likes
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't know what happened to the previous comments in this discussion, but they have miraculously disappeared. Instead, they have been replaced with this rude comment.
As I said previously,
"It would be helpful if medication reminders on the watch could display the name of the medication instead of just a generic reminder. This would make it easier to know which medication to take, especially if a person is taking multiple medications or has a changing regimen. Currently, the only way to see the medication name is to get the phone out and inspect the reminder, which can be inconvenient."
@realaud, your comments about my inability to know what meds or what time to take them are unnecessary, rude, and inconsiderate. Your title as an honored contributor is an oxymoron. In the future, if you don't have something positive to contribute, please have the courtesy to go troll someone else.
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

There are tens of thousands, or more, of older people in the US and I'm sure younger disabled ones, who have no idea what or when they need to take their meds.  Many older people have a caretaker load up their meds in day, week and month dispensers so the ability to also have a text entry area for either med name or special instructions would be helpful to many, many folks. 

I have experience with this with multiple family members. 

I think it's a worthy recommendation for Samsung to explore. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Solved (using a workaround) - If you have a watch face that supports complications, there is one for medications that will bring up an entire listing of medications to be taken with their names. From here, you can select the named medication and mark it appropriately. It still doesn't solve a generic medication label on the watches tile, but it will work to inform you what medications are due and when.1724206793760_1724206793755_0.pngScreenshot_20240901_124435_Samsung Health_1000015778_1725220040.png
0 Likes