JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Feature Request: Make Notification sounds and ringtones for the phone mirror to the watch

(Topic created: 06-02-2024 07:32 PM)
LucasZalewski
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I want to suggest a feature for the galaxy watch lineup where we could toggle a setting to allow the watch to match or mimic the notification sounds and ringtones of the paired phone. That way, if, for example, I have an app like snapchat that uses it's own custom notification sounds, the watch would mimic the same custom notification sounds. And if the phone defaults to the native notification sound, then the watch would also do likewise. And the watch would also match the ringtone of the phone as well. So, if I have custom ringtones for different people on my phone, the watch would abide by these settings as well.

9 Replies
Geno71
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

I like it. I would love to have this option as well!

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I prefer to turn off all the sounds on my watch. The vibration is enough for me, even in standalone mode. I can't even imagine the stereo sound of the watch and phone together when they are in range.
0 Likes
LucasZalewski
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
The watch silences notification on the phone when wearing them so there wouldn't be a duplicate sound effect.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I hear the sounds on my phone ehile my watch vibrates. I actually got my first watch because when I am in a noisy place and the phone is in my purse, I could not hear the sounds, nor feel the vibration. The watch vibration solved that problem. When I am at home, I hear the phone notifications in the other room while my watch vibrates.
0 Likes
LucasZalewski
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
But you can very easily turn this setting on so it will not notify you in duplicate when you're wearing the watch. I still think that this feature would be super nice for those of us who want to use sound on our watches but want to hear the notification sounds that we are used to on our phones.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I guess I just dont understand why people would want sound on their watch. It would certainly annoy anyone around you. I know people who never even turn the sound on on their phones because they don't need the distraction. I also know people who have long, annoying ring tones that no one but them want to hear.
0 Likes
LucasZalewski
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Okay, fair enough. But so would your phone notification. Which you said you use. So, using that argument, you certainly annoy people around you, too.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
That would be true if a) I was actually around people a lot or in an office setting, or b) I got an abundance of calls, texts and other notifications. Most of my notifications are set to silent because I don't want to hear them, but I do want to know abot them.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you LucasZalewski, for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes