JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GPS data during kayaking workout mode.

(Topic created: 09-06-2022 07:51 AM)
userktlkVZ2350
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Till now I tried walking, running, swimming and cycling workouts and they all worked great, but when I tried kayaking I am disappointed with it. Id does not use GPS during kayaking and that is a missing feature in my opinion. Is there any other workout mode that could be used to asses well the distance and speed for kayaking?

3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
useradWyPAZSvp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree.  I've just bought a GW 5 Pro and the kayak mode is useless - it only tracks heart rate and eleapsed time!  This is pathetic and embarassing and I expect more, especially for a 'Pro' watch.  The minimum metrics should include GPS track, distance, and speed.  A nice to have would be stroke rate (similar to cadence for running), which Garmin and others provide in their watches.

Options
Galaxy Watch

August of 2023 and this is still an issue. I'm on day 1 of my very first Galaxy Watch, the 6 Classic BT model and was excited to add a bunch of new data to my kayak trip. Imagine my surprise to open my phone a half mile downriver and for the first time ever see no GPS track. I was (and still am) pretty annoyed. I rapidly discovered that I can disconnect my watch and force the S23 Ultra to take over which instantly began GPS tracking. I reconnected my watch but alas, it no longer acknowledged the workout so I assume I now have to choose between GPS data and physical performance data, and I'm gonna choose GPS every time. This is not an ideal solution and it doesn't make sense why Health will plot GPS for kayaking on the phone, but not at all for the watch. These posts go back more than a year now. I'm an avid kayaker, and this a big letdown. On day 1.

0 Likes