JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GWP5 won't track sleep properly SOLVED

(Topic created: 12-03-2022 03:48 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch
The watch doesn't track sleep properly. The S3 Frontier works perfectly. But the new GWP5 only tracks like the last 3 hours. I slept 7 to 8 hour each day. Yet the watch has recorded only 3 hours each day. Here is a clip of my 8 hour sleep days. Lol

This app won't let photos or video post in the OP but I can in a reply (been broke for 2 years lol) I'll reply to myself with the video.

UPDATE since the watch apps MUST be updated via watch (playstore on watch scroll down to manage apps then youll see the updates)
After Update you must Manually reboot the watch for some of the updates to take effect that's what it is here. Had to reboot the watch. 
Solved

11 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well you can't share video no more either. 
SO I CANT SHOW YOU YOUR WATCH SUCKS . It's so far behind the S3 Frontier its total trash. Terrible. Fire the wear Guy in charge of their watches. And hire someone with some passion. Pathetic at best and I have 2 of them. Samsung is the best but the worst with watches etc. Great phones

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's me going to sleep at 730pm lol it's only gets the last 3 hours or soScreenshot_20221202_051519_Samsung Health.jpg
0 Likes
Tisme2b
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
My GW5 40mm seems to be surprisingly accurate; more than what I expected. I wonder if your results could be due to something in the settings??? I have oxygen every ten minutes and detect snoring on. I wonder if that could lead to better results. Or maybe there is a problem with your sensors. Does your watch fit snugly on your wrist above your wrist bone (rather than on your wrist bone)? Those are the only things I can think of that may be affecting your results.
Options
Galaxy Watch
I appreciate the input
I don't have snoring detection on. Because it makes your phones Microphone stay on all night.
I doo have the watch on properly. I've been using Samsung watches since 2017. Besides the sleep deal. I lost so much upgrading from the S3 Frontier to the GWP5. The battery died faster lol. Hardly any apps the ones we purchased from Samsung app store are gone. It actually has less features lol. I know that's sounds ridiculous but it doesn't do half the things the S3 Frontier did. They added a 02 sensor and a BP but the BP isn't available in the US. And look. I bought 2 of these. I'm taking them back amd sticking with the S3 Frontier. It's so much better.
The S3 and the 2 GWP5 s lol the S3 Frontier wins hands down. It's not even close. 20221202_054451_1000000532_1669977893.jpg
Tisme2b
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Believe me, I'm sure that just adding snore detection on is not going to improve the sleep results much more. Maybe others will chime in with other ideas. Do both of the GW5's give the same sleep results? Curious if the other one is any better.

I "upgraded" from the Galaxy Watch Active to the GW5. My biggest disappointment was going from at least 3 days on battery to half that (with most things turned off). And I honestly, do not do hardly anything different at all on my GW5 than what I used my GWA for. I'm certain that the sensors are better and there a few more features, maybe the sapphire glass is higher quality but my GWA was still working perfectly & looked brand new. So it really didn't seem like a step up to me. My only consolation is that I gave my GWA to my sister instead of trading it in so I'm glad that someone I know gets to reap the benefits of that great watch.

Edit: I'm just noticing from your pic that you got the Pro. You should be getting at least 4 days battery on that. Or I should say that is what I see commonly reported with the GW5 pro. I wonder if your watch is defective.
Options
Galaxy Watch
There is one possibility that I just tried. After the health platforms updated. (You have to update the watch apps from the Watch only)
So if you open the play store on the watch scroll down hit manage apps.
In there is the only way to update apps on the watch. It won't update from the phone. )
I did all the updates. But what I haven't done is reboot the watch after. That may resolve the issue. I just rebooted the watch. So tomorrow I'll post the results in the this thread. It may have needed a reboot to take effect
Tisme2b
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch
Tada. Who would of thought a reboot after a app update would make it work. It did Screenshot_20221203_064600_Samsung Health.jpg
Tisme2b
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yay! So glad it's now working for you. Crazy huh! Sometimes the smallest, simplest, stupidest things bring out huge results.