Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:11 PM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

120 Replies
Kit08
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm returning my new phone because I want my watch more than I want this new phone! They do not plan on fixing it.
glennr1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is sad.  I am also considering this option.

0 Likes
userkznDYKJPty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is the last phone the Gear 3 Frontier will work with. I've connected both mine to my new s24ultra. Uninstall the app that transfered over from your other phone. Then, go into the Play Store and search Gear 3 Plug In. Re-download it. Then, go to your watch, and settings, and Pair To New Phone. And give it time to process and update. It took me between 5 and 8 minutes.
0 Likes
glennr1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just tried getting my Gear S3 Frontier to work on my new S24 Ultra for the 6th time.  Resetting the watch and reinstalling the Gear Wearable and Gear S plugin apps (both are needed).  But, now when I go to the Play Store the Gear S Plugin is not displayed/not available.  And if I go to the Play Store on my PC (using my google account) it tells me I have no devices compatible with the app but it shows my devices and my S24 is in the list.  If I'd known that my watch would be incompatible with the S24 I wouldn't have switched.  I'm a long time Samsung user but this has really put a bad taste in my mouth.  I don't want a new watch at this time.

0 Likes
userkznDYKJPty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's not displayed because you already have it installed. There is another tab near the top that says My Apps, look for your Samsung plug in there. And don't reset the watch, have it pair to a new phone. As long as the app on the phone is updated, and the blue tooth is on, the phone will find the Gear 3 Frontier. I've done it twice now, and have the s24Ultra.
0 Likes
Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Check out my solution below, it's worked for quite a few people already
0 Likes
zsharpe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung needs to fix this issue. They offered me promo I can get anyway. No extra benefit Absolute **bleep**
zsharpe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
SAMSUNG FIX THIS
0 Likes
Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
They won't fix it, but I posted a solution below that might work for you
0 Likes
consig1iere
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am trying to connect my Gear S3 Frontier to my Android phone (latest Android version). The pair process goes all the way till "Congrats on your new Gear S3" screen where it wants me to agree to some Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice. I agreed to all that and when I tap the Agree, nothing happens. I have tried everything from resetting the watch to uninstalling the app. Please help. Thanks.