Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 5 Pro: Issues Transferring Watchface

(Topic created: Tuesday)
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a GW5P, and took screenshot of currently used watchface. Now the issue is that when I follow instructions to transfer it to phone, all I get are 2 buttons. 1 to delete, and 1 to turn into a watchface. I DO NOT get option send to phone. And yes, phone and watch are connected when I do this. Any ideas? This is SO annoying, as had no issue doing this on my GW4C.

0 Likes
12 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just took a screen shot on my watch. It showed up in my Gallery on my phone in an album called "watch" without doing anything to transfer it. I guess when the watch is connected, it automatically is added to the phone. You can then delete it from the gallery on the watch to save space. It will remain on the phone. Check your phone gallery
0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Nope. Does not go to phone no matter what.

where is the watch folder at?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hmm. Is it maybe the difference between the watch 4 and 5? I don't know, it's my first watch screen shot ever. Until yesterday, I didn't even know you could screen shot a watch. As soon as I took the shot, though, a notification appeared on my phone that the shot was in my gallery, and it was.
1720567179716.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Choose all albums. You should see a new album called watch.
0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, just learned you MUST have watch already connected to phone, then take screenshot.
What I had done was taken one, and thought I could transfer over later.
Weird part, both the one I took a few seconds ago AND the one from a bit back both transfered at same time.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
It may transfer auromatically after the phone is reconnected. Might just be a bit of delay. Like I said. My first watch shot. If you have remote connection enabled, the phone connects to the watch through Google cloud service as long as watch and phone are connected to mobile network or wi fi, no matter how far away you are. Don't even have to be on the same network...just connected to one or the other. But you do have to have mobile data turned on to connect via mobile
0 Likes
GalaxyWolf1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well after taking 1st one couple days ago, I'd had phone & watch connected a number of times and never transfered.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
See my edited comment that I was adding as you posted.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
It actually may have and you just didn't see the newly formed album.
0 Likes